Chapter 12: Cacophony of War

Note: tarkov logic will be applied.

In rows of 10, 30 students sat in the lecture hall. They didn't know what to expect from this strange class that appeared onto their timetable. All their timetables were decided for them as teams based on their traits as a team by the staff at beacon academy who worked tirelessly the night before to do so while making sure all the teachers would be available. But this class was different, their combat training class with the headmistress Glynda Goodwitch was labeled as combat class 1, now there was another one called combat class 2 with no mention of who would be instructing the class. Only the time and location was present. The location was similar to the original combat class, divided into 2 sections with a area for fighting and a more standard layered seating area that went gradually higher. Safe to say they would be well equipped for this lesson given that all the amenities were present.

Special thing was that only 60 students worth of teams were assigned to take this class. But next to nobody was complaining since they were all mostly dedicated becoming professional huntsmen and understood that these classes were to make sure they did not fuck up in the end when actual lives were on the line. All of the students were gathered on time and were just waiting for whoever that would be teaching the class to walk through the door. But it would be foolish to say everyone was enthusiastic about the lesson to the uptmost degree.

They want to learn but it was the literal last class of the day and everyone was more eager for dinner or to head back to their dorms for whatever activities they may find more palatable. "So who do you think will be teaching this lesson?" Yang asked one of her friends sitting in the elevated row behind her. "Don't know. There was literally nothing about this class..." He says shrugging his shoulders. Beside Yang Weiss and Ruby were still thinking about the talk they had with Professor Port and headmaster Ozpin respectively earlier after the Grimm studies class incident with the boarbatusk. The shock on their faces when 2 familiar men walked into the class, it was the mercenaries from their initiation. Specifically the man with the brush stroke camouflage pants and man with blue vertical striped shirt.

They were still dressed in their combat attire even lugging their backpacks on their backs. "Alright you lot, we will be your instructors for this class." The man with the camouflage pants said, the 2 of them set their bags down on the teacher's desk and begin to peel off their head gear. First it was their helmets, then off their masks went also onto the table, the camouflage man did not take off his aviator sunglasses for some reason though. The both of them looked remarkably similar yet distinctly different at the same time being both bald and having been through enough stress to permanently alter their faces.

Next to come off was their weapons setting aside their long guns onto the table. Ruby's eyes immediately sparkled at their guns, they were so different compared to everyone's like there was a brutal aspect to it. Very utilitarian. Weiss was disgusted remembering what one of them told her but since the talk with professor Port those feelings had slightly calmed down knowing this wasnt daddy Schnee's perfect mansion anymore. "We, are not teachers nor lecturers here, we are mercenaries. You will not find out about us so don't even try. My name is Texas, no that is not my real name. My friend's name is Moron." Some of the students in the back snickered to themselves hearing the other instructors' name.

"Ay you little shits in the back, got something funny you want to share with us all?" Moron snaps his fingers and points to the back of the classroom, the students immediately feel the gaze of seemingly a thousand eyes come down on them.

"Look I'll be honest here, we will swear, we will insult you, we will berate you because what we are teaching must get into your head. This is life and death stuff I'm teaching you about. Outside of smalll practical assessments there will be no examinations. But hey I'm not responsible when civvies die on your watch." This was unexpected, a very far cry and atmosphere for what they expected from a class.