Chapter 18: Simulation

The 4 men stared at the computer watching its screen relay information at a impeccably fast speed. It was like something out of interstellar, akin to a NASA supercomputer. This was the beacon academy training simulator, from what they were told it was a gift from the far flung kingdom of Atlas installed to help students train without getting hurt or killing themselves. A place to make mistakes and learn while having it all seem real somewhat, crazy part is that this was old technology. The training simulators at Atlas academy were like coffins that allowed everything to be simulated in virtual reality allowing for the whole set up to be more compact.

Still this was revolutionary to the 4 men coming from earth which had only begun to dabble in the prospects of virtual reality squandering it on the vrchat e-sex. The simulator was able to be fed information to form hard light dust constructs of anything, Grimm, men, even specific buildings. This was where the group decided to fuck around a bit, Texas had a large amount of combat footage he had gotten from Fence. Texas for some reason had bought the thumb drive containing all the footage he had from one of the scav markets Fence operated. He had figured why not because the thumb drive was dirt cheap, like 10,000 roubles more or less and he was not dissapointed by the amount on it.

It was like a distribution network for these combat footage thumb drives, and there were different types too all labeled. Now Texas did only buy one, it was labeled with red electrical tape as 'ARENA FIGHTS 17' but killing other people and then looting them has lead him to acquire 'GOONS MONTAGE 3', 'PMC FIGHTS 10', and 'KILLA MOMENT 1'. All of which he promptly forgot about until now being too small and inconsequential on the weight aspect after being thrown into his bag. The group was quite surprised that he had all this but did not question it, you find some weird weird shit on dead people especially you don't ask for that you still keep sometimes.

"Andddd done." Texas says pulling out the thumb drive from its slot attached to the computer the screen flashing green indicating it has analysed the information.

"You know I have a feeling something is gonna go wrong" Florida man professed his doubt.

"Ah don't be a pussy. Worst case scenario we accidentally spawn the stray dogs and the students get their asses kicked." Moron said placing his arm around Floridaman's shoulder and shaking it playfully.

The walls and floor were made out of metal sheets reminiscent of square tiles commonly found in bathrooms and kitchens. The wall to their immediate left facing the computer head on had a window made out of what seemed to be bulletproof glass judging my the thickness of said glass panel reminiscent of the girth of a brick wall. Towards the back, a staircase leading down to the simulation area and on the back wall right behind them a door leading to the outside world.

"I'm gonna go down and see if it works. Spawn 1 scav when I'm down there!" Texas ordered grabbing his shotgun in his arms. He enters the simulation area, a large open flat area with sci fi looking scanners and hard light dust projectors on every corner on the ceiling and floor. The other 3 men start to figure out how to spawn a scav not being familiar with this level of technology. They argue on various solutions trying different buttons but when Akula finally figures out enemy spawn, he spawns 10 scavs accidentally.

The walls of the room move to appropreately size the area and the hard light dust forms various cover such as rubble and trees. Then the scavs spawn, 10 of them, their likeness down to their varied shitty weapons and equipment. From MP-133s to badly maintained muzzle break missing AK-12s. It was almost like the real thing except they were translucent light blue projection. In scav fashion they start advancing even screaming in Russian or broken English recognising Texas being a American.

"Holy fucking shit there's at least a dozen! You idiots!!!" He screams snapping his head to face the men above at the viewing area. He readies his shotgun and rushes forward vaulting and weaving between ruined structures, he meets the scavs head on. Unarmoured and bunched up they stood little chance, when the scavs 'died' they fell to the ground dead flashing red then fading away. Texas dodges into cover doing a quad load into the shotgun, there were some scavs left flanking him from the right and left. He pops out and the first scav misses with his bolt action VPO, he dispatches that scav with a quick shot to the head. The next one seems to be drunk firing his AKM wildly missing Texas, he too meets a similar fate.