Chapter 22: Curtain Call Volume 1

Penny looked to the set of 4 men pointing guns at her, she was scanning around trying to see if the threat was eliminated sufficiently so that it could never hurt Ruby again. One of them yelled some vulgarities at her and because of their hostility Penny had designated them a threat to Ruby that had to be eliminated.

She worked on figuring out who they were by whatever means seeing as they had been fighting those hooligans before she jumped in, the ones that directly tried to attack her so they must've been part of a different group. Despite scouring as much databases as she could from the net she couldn't find out who they were partially due to most of their faces being covered up.

"I don't know who you are...but I won't let you hurt my friend!" Penny proclaimed making her intentions of protecting ruby at all costs known, she gets into her combat stance, the swords floating behind her now pointing diagonally at the men offensively.

"Waittt!" A screech came from the air as a burst of rose petals came tumbling down in between the 2 sides. Now Ruby was in the crossfire, such bravado, such bravery, such...naive idiocy. "Penny wait! These are my teachers!!!" She yells out in desperation to her friend then turning to face the men. "Mr Texas! Moron! Please don't hurt penny she was only trying to help save me!"

"Ruby? What the fuck are you doing here?! This is no place for you! Grab your friends and get out of here! Forget this even happened!!!" Texas yells putting down the gun seeing that this was one big fuck up.

"Friends...? I was just looking for...Blake...Blake is here? Where is she?!"

"Some monkey faunus fellow grabbed her." Moron spoke up, before Ruby could process what happened the sound of sirens began to be heard in the distance getting closer rather quickly. Flashes of blue and red lights could be seen driving down between city blocks in a path directly ending towards their location.

"Ruby I sense that the authorities are arriving-"

"Go! Get out of here!" Texas shouts to the 2 girls but it was too late, the first responders had arrived and those officers got out of their vehicles pointing guns at Ruby and Penny but not at the 4 men reason being they knew that those people were working with them having gotten the brief about the police operation going on tonight. Ruby instinctively threw her hands up and Penny just stood there staring at the cops guns. More police showed up, one of the higher ranked ones gestured for the men to quickly run over to their lines, most cops were shocked at the bloodbath that was the docks now.

There was dozens of white fang dead bodies and even crashed bullheads, it was like a scene straight out a great war movie. When Lieutenant Straken arrived, he was in disbelief, he had gotten his answer of who had been behind the robberies but at what cost? He sees Texas and the crew being questioned by the police and makes a beeline from his car to the men.

"What the fuck happened here?!" He asks then getting up close to Floridaman.

"Hey hey it wasn't us for the most part!" Immediately Floridaman defends himself and his comrades pointing over to Penny and Ruby being taken in by the police.

"You expect me to believe a girl did all this-" a hand is placed on the lieutenant's back, he turned around to look and it was a Atlesian soldier of all things and a high ranking one at that. "Sir, I presume your the highest ranking officer here?" He spoke.

"Yes I am."

He removes his hand from the lieutenant's shoulder.

"I represent the Atlesian military forces in vale, the girl with ginger hair is coming with us."

"What...? That's absurd, we need her this is a Vale police force investigation!"

"I'm sorry but she's coming with us whether you like it or not, I'll give you all the relevant information...and we'll pay for the damages to the port authority."