Chapter 19: David versus Goliath

The students watched in awe at the battle that was about to occur, on the left was team RWBY, some of the most cracked students of their cohort. Their leader, Ruby Rose, was only 15 years old, she should be in a primary combat school but the headmaster himself saw something in her enough to use his executive power to let her in 3 years early.

The other notable member was Yang Xiao Long and Weiss Schnee the first having beaten up Junior's nightclub and the latter being the literal heir of the Schnee dust company. Nobody knew where the hell Blake came from but that was besides the point, they were cracked but paled in comparison to the men they faced.

The students did not know much, the hellish conflicts they were veterans of being unknown to them. They possessed knowledge built up from decades of survival and fighting that they possibly could not imagine to possess. However, they have never seen the men fight and it would be a new experience seeing them in battle.

Walking down the men already began preparations for the battle, how so? They were already shoving stimulant injectors into their arms followed by painkillers. Akula too having managed to obtain some injectors after professor peach and her massively advanced fuck off laboratory was convinced by the men to recreate some of the stims the mercenaries used. Its not like there was going to be TerraGroup stimulant injectors just lying around in random duffle bags like in tarkov. 

On the other hand all team rwby could do was mentally prepare themselves. Thinking of the fight like a last stand against a impending enemy, set on obliterating their souls to oblivion. The 2 teams got ready on opposite sides of the simulation area, the mercenaries and their scav raider friend on the right and rwby on the left. Phyrra who was awkwardly given the tablet pressed start but the technology was smart enough to detect 2 sets of people in the room creating the rubble only.

Using their scrolls in their pockets their aura meters were displayed. To the shock and horror of the students their instructors had no aura indicated by the N/A at their lifeless grey bars while rwby's were all green being full completely or nearly full. But there was nothing anybody could do now without facing shame, the simulation started up and random cover began to be projected into reality by the hard light dust projectors.

"Alright, Florida take right, Moron go left. Akula you come up and just belt the area with 2 to 3 grenades. Will go central?" Texas gets everyone together and begins to explain the plan to the men that he had come up with to deal with the girls but the lads had other adjustments that they should make. First was Moron who suggested a alternative regarding his part.

"No...I think I have a surprise for them. Swap me out with Akula. Let him run." He suggested.

"What the fuck why should I fucking run?!" Akula protests.

"Because you have the mobility of a under barrel! I'm gonna make them eat a whole RPG rocket which I have to stay still for!"

"Okay okay!" Texas stepped in before anymore arguments could occur. "Moron will swap with Akula. Akula will go left and pelt them with grenades while Moron fires a frag RPG down the middle towards them. You sure you have the training rockets?"

Reaching into the backpack full of RPG rockets Moron pulls one out and observes the markings, the training rockets for pitched matches were marked with a light blue ring of paint around where tip or just before the bullet ends and the case begins for regular rounds.

"Yup shouldn't kill them if all goes well but if one looses arm we can just blame that Mulberry fellow."

Before anyone else could argue anymore adjustments to the plan a buzzer sounded indicating the beginning of the match, everyone just does the plan and runs forward Texas apologising about not getting to work it out fully before pushing forward fueled by a cocktail of drugs. Team rwby looked to be moving forward, common for a team who uses melee weapons got the most part especially ruby who had already used her petal burst semblance to rush forward without abandon.