Chapter 4: Unexpected

It was time to leave Tarkov, for too long Texas, Floridaman, and Moron had stayed in this hell but with their new gig literally having a free ticket out of tarkov if completed they were willing to do whatever it took to get out. They were taking everything out for this, the best gear saved for a rainy day in case shit really hit the fan. Earlier they had gone shopping for the best equipment from the traders using up majority of the money they had, half went to gear while the other half was spent on the keycards required to get in as Moron was a BEAR and Floridaman had lost his during a previous raid. Texas was the lucky one to still have his black key card having been a high ranking USEC during the contract wars and not sold it yet on the flea market. The other 2 members of the group were on board the moment they heard the words "ticket out of Tarkov". They knew what to look for as Texas had already told them the details of the task even though it might be unbelievable finding something that siphons off energy from a separate dimension was at first.

For this mission Texas would be putting on his usual equipment, he wore a Highcom striker standard cut RCH helmet with the add on rail system and high vision mount added on covered by a Rhodesian brush stroke camouflage cover, for his chest armour he put on a highly protective and relatively light Paraclete origin armour carrier with its add on right arm, neck and stomach add on armour. On top he wore 2 tactical rigs both in black, a ANA Tactical Alpha and a London Bridge Trading Load Bearing Chest Rig, the latter being on top of the other. Bellow all his essential gear that is meant to keep him alive was a softshell flexion jacket and Rhodesian brush stroke camouflage pants with kneepads and water proof adjustable gaiters to keep his ankles dry. On him were 4 weapons, his supressed RD-704 and Beneli M3 shotgun with flechette ammo. A FN Five-seven MK2 pistol in a holster by his waist and a Colt python strapped to his chest inside the LBT load bearing chest rig. Parallel to his holstered pistol on his waist is a seath for his Miller Bros. Blades M-2 Tactical Sword in case things got really bad.

In comparison Floridaman was less kitted out, he had a modded out M16A4 that has been illegally tuned to have its 3 round burst changed to full auto (with some help from a Canadian rifle), the zoomer 1911, and a cumbersome yet deadly AXMC .338 LM bolt action sniper rifle kitted out with a range finder and long range scope having a magnification of up to 8x zoom. For protection he wore a Crye Precision CPC plate carrier, only thing was that he found this plate carrier in raid, without any pouches...so on top of said vest was a WARTECH MK3 TV-104 chest rig. On his head sat a Ops-Core FAST SF High Cut helmet with attached side rails, RAC headset, and night vision mount. He wore the famous USEC range master jeans and tier 2 button on black checkered shirt.

Since Moron was a BEAR all his equipment was mostly of Russian origin having a AKS-74U and MP-443 Grach pistol. Interestingly unlike the others who had 2 regular rifles normally, he carried a RPG-7 with 2 frag and 2 HEAT rockets being his previous BEAR squad's dedicated anti armour and structure guy. Before becoming a member of BEAR he was in the Russian VDV hence his blue striped Telnik shirt which he still wore to this day. In comparison his pants were the standard issue BEAR lower base. An ANA M2 armoured rig made up the bulk of his protection serving as a place to store his extensive amounts of 5.45 AK magazines and to match he had a 6B47 Ratnik-BSh helmet with its digital flora camouflage cover on. To complete the look Moron has a ski mask on, the kind scavs and bank robbers alike usually wore. On his back instead of a bag like his 2 USEC comrades he had a bag which was meant for storage of RPG rockets having his kappa pouch crudely attached to a transformer bag sling close at his back bellow the RPG rocket bag for the most essential loot.

"Make your final checks before we move out." Floridaman reminds, everyone makes their last checks making sure no one forgot or did anything wrong in their kits for the simplest of mistakes in combat could lead to death. It wasn't just labs they were gonna be probably fighting in as well, they still had to get there and return which involved trekking through woods and a little bit of interchange then look for a suitable way into the labs which was handsomely located bellow the streets of tarkov. Since Texas was formerly a high ranking USEC he knew how to get into labs plus where all the secret experiments happened which happened to be inside a small little locked room called fittingly black keycard room but no one could know what of the entrances would be available to them. Their best bet would be either through the front door into the lobby or the sewer conduit room if the water level was low enough for them to enter as it involved trekking through the sewer system.