Chapter 5: Remember the Light House

"Slaughterhouse to Diamond Citadel, I repeat, Slaughterhouse to Diamond Citadel! The southern tunnel is collapsed! We can't get out!!!" Texas shouts into the microphone receiver of a radio desperately begging for a response. It was at the end of the contract wars, long after the sealing off of the tarkov conflict zone, long after traders had become what they are now, long after simple gang members had turned into scavs. Things were bad, over the course of the last few days both BEAR and USEC mercenaries found themselves between a rock and a hard place, slowly their command structure and any semblance of a unified corporation slowly had faded away into nothingness to a point it was a dog eat dog world. Many mercenaries and servicemen were still trapped inside after being told that extraction was coming.

A large contingent of USECs had moved back into the water treatment plant which they formerly occupied at the start of the conflict. Several units or what remained of them had planned to band together and hold out in what seemingly was akin fortress complete with machine gun emplacements, vehicles, even 2 helicopters. Reports of USEC units turning on each other for survival and alliances between both USECs and BEARs made. It was clear what was happening, they had been left behind by USEC, by Terragroup, by the top brass. There wasn't a way out, the complete blockade by Russian and UN forces was air tight, like a snake constricting its prey, shooting anyone who came close. Even before UN peacekeepers would yell at scavs in a dozen different accents and languages, put them up to a wall and open fire.

With that giant EMP Terragroup detonated in the middle of tarkov city, very few people could communicate with the outside world. At least the USECs knew they could trust the ones that had gathered at the water treatment having banded together for collective security against rogue USECs, remnant BEARs, the scavs and their gangs or any outside forces. After a call to meet at the water treatment on USEC radio channels by a large remnant group the collective force garrisoned the facility while the commanders met in a tent. Inside the meeting tent was a table and a assortment of chairs surrounded it.

Texas sat on one end, the radio on the table in front of him, he and his girlfriend Lunar who could be described as a stereotypical tomboy represented Task Force Slaughterhouse sharing command together, from Task Force Bone Flag was the 3 man squad known as the goons consisting of death knight, birdeye and big pipe, representing the decimated Task Force Caesar was Instructor, from the remnants of QRF Manchester was Lancaster and finally the unit who had called them here the Denver Division lead by Trickster.

There were some small units as well that had attached to the larger ones, mostly small remnants and support units. "Forget it. They won't respond." Knight takes the microphone receiver from Texas and lays it back down on the table. "So you guys are all that's left..." Sitting on the opposite side it the table Trickster exclaimed, pinching his forehead, "you know why I brought everyone here, my men scouted out the place already and the supplies we left after the whole contract wars thing are mostly still here. Locals only got to the ones under building 3 I believe. The rest are locked but we can get through easily." Everyone goes silent for a few seconds, unsure of what to say or do.

"What do we do then?" Instructor asked taking glances at everyone else in the tent.

"There is nothing we can do..." Texas grimaces only to be cut off by his lover.

"Bullshit, we fortify this place and hold out, if supplies start running out we start talking shit from the other groups in the area. I hear the local scav gangs and raiders have some good loot." Everyone looks up to Lunar and begin thinking to themselves about the plan, it sounded pretty good in retrospect.

"One problem Missy." Big Pipe speaks up. "We might have picked some unwanted attention from the local inhabitants..." He produces a phone from his vest and slides it on the table, on the screen is a picture of a thermal sight, just barely they could make out the shape of dozens of men in what seemed to be cloaks, oddly they were cold blooded for they didn't show up easily on the thermal camera. "FUCK!" Lancaster exclaims knowing who these mysterious cold blooded men in cloaks were, "mother fucking cultists! I remember when Churchill told me about them. These cultists are seemingly everywhere. Churchill's forces were decimated by these little shits just because of the predator! They know everything, they listen into everyone's coms" Everyone stares at trickster at what he just said, the cultists were listening in on them?