Chapter 10.2: Mercenaries and their mission

"Its endless forest out here, next major settlement is Eisenhorn over 20 kilometre's away. Oum help you on your mission, make sure no students die or get injured...it be cancerous for old oz to get sued again..." The man piloting the bullhead said turning to the 4 heavily armed men inside the personel compartment of his craft. His cheeky laugh at the end transfused into a awkward one realising the 4 men were not amused by his comment. The aircraft decended into the forest looking for a suitable spot to land but all the pilot could find was just a spot open enough for a ladder drop.

"Hey Texas." Floridaman mumbles to Texas hitting his shoulder and pointing to small black dots flying through the sky from the cliff border in a arc heading down towards the forest. The group moved to look at the dots, they thought it was some soft of opening ceremony like a gun battery salute but the dots soon turned into the shapes of people.

"Holy fucking shit has he gone mad?!" Akula shouts his eyes widening watching some of those black dots flail around in a panick or pull off some weird powers to help themselves land. Gunshots rang out, multitudes of powers all unique in their own way were let loose. Surprisingly the students managed to land safe and sound despite the great height and speed they were falling from. "Alright kick the ladder down, your going down via ladder!" The pilot ordered, his demeanour taking a complete 180 from what it was before. Texas pushed the flimsy yet sturdy ladder out the right side of the bullhead letting gravity do the work of unfolding it. Immediately Moron was the first to go down sliding effortlessly down the ladder since he was from the VDV after all and helicopter hot drops was all too familiar to him

The others followed him in suit before long the bullhead was gone and they were alone in the forest weapons trained and ready to fire at any Grimm which came their way. Floridaman checks his scroll the camera system showing students scrambling to find the objective or fighting grimm. He scans the screens for the girl they were to shadow, one of the cameras picks her up but she is running at a impeccable speed being only a dash of red, black and pale beige skin. "What's our extract like?" Moron asks, Texas checks his phone for the answer with the only message of the extract being "the larger temple near the clif".

Suddenly bushes began to move a round them, blood red shining eyes peered through the darkness. The Grimm had appeared and their goal was their damnation. All 4 of them got in a circle, backs faced against each other giving all members a 360 degree view. "Fuck these must be the beowolves oz told us about!" Moron yells watching as 8 of them start to circle them.

"What should we do?!" Akula shouts unwilling to fire not sure if the situation they were in would be made worse but he had to make a decision because this was life or death. He chose to fire, Akula was the first one spraying the Grimm down with his rifle, even though the rounds were not exactly as high quality as the mercenaries being scav rounds the bullets still pierced the bone armour some of the Grimm had effortlessly. "Shit they're not too powerful! Start blasting them!" Texas orders, everyone in the group unleashed their weapons onto the Grimm, in seconds they were laying dead dissolving into nothingness.

Floridaman checks the camera again, looks like little red riding hood is fighting some Grimm with another girl wearing very light blue. "Mother fucker they just keep on moving! God I wish my son was that fit..." More Grimm appear, this time there were only 2 but they were larger being shaped like bears in the same colouration as the beowolves before. One takes a swipe at Moron while his attention was on the other but Texas comes in barrel stuffing the creature with his shotgun. Black ooze and bone fragments fly everywhere including onto him as the creature dies before making it onto Moron. Its body collapses onto Texas making him fall onto the ground as it dissolves, the other Grimm fells easier with Akula making short work of it with his under barrel grenade launcher.

Not intent on staying any longer Texas comes up with a plan fast. "We can't catch up with the girl. We should meet them at the temple ruins they are heading to...its about north west from where we are if I remember. Moron check your phone" he does so scanning the details on the extraction, the temple's bridge served as a extract where a bullhead would arrive once a green flare was shot. Each one of them had been given a green flare, similar to the all too familiar single shot Russian tube flares. Another beowolf appeared, that's when the group began to quickly move not before quickly despatching the Grimm from its existence. More Grimm started to follow them but continuously they just shot a few bullets, killed them and moved on.