twenty-six

India WestbrookLos Angeles, California 4:00 PM

India Westbrook
Los Angeles, California
4:00 PM

Life's been real peaceful there hasn't been any drama, my relationship has been going okay, and my pregnancy been beautiful journey so far.

I've never had something be so peaceful before, without someone or something ruining it. I honestly feel that something is gonna happen soon, but I don't wanna be negative so for know I'm gonna try and stop thinking like that.

Today is one of those days where everything has been going good, I stepped out the house today and did a little me day. I went out and got my hair done, nails & toes, and some shopping. Before heading back ending the day I stopped by my parents home to show my face.

I haven't seen them in a minute, the last I seen them was when I introduced them to chris for the first time. Around that time me and chris were just getting to know each other before we made it official, now I'm back again but this time around I'm pregnant.

I still haven't told my parents that I'm pregnant, I know it's wrong to let the world and everyone else find out before them know but I wanted to tell them in person. My parent don't really do social media so they haven't heard of the news yet, which I'm glad because I want them to know from me personally.

Pulling up to my parents home I park my car in the driveway along the other cars, I grab a couple of things before making my way to the door.
Ringing the doorbell the door slowly opened revealing my beautiful mother Jerilyn.

"look what the cat done drug in? where you been?" my mom said as she stepped aside to let me walk in, closing the door behind me as I walked in.

"I've been around things been a little busy lately."   I spoke with my back turned heading straight to the kitchen, I know my mom cooked something because I could smell the aroma of the food soon as the door opened.

Looking into the pots I see she is cooking my favorite meal chicken alfredo with garlic bread stuffed with cheese.

"so what brings you by?" my mom questioned as she took a seat at the island.

"nun, just wanted to stop by and visit haven't seen you and dad in a while, speaking of dad where is he?"

"he's upstairs putting on his clothes", my mom said. I noticed she was observing me very closely, she was squinting and looking like she was tryna figure something out — like she knew something was different.

I hope she doesn't figure it out before I get a chance to even tell her. Her mother instincts probably kicking her and shit, letting her know something.