One.

"Oh he's fucking hot." Julia Hart could hear Anna Jay's words but they were all but forgotten. Her eyes were locked on a pair of deep brown eyes across the bar. The two had gone out to aid in Julia forgetting of her broken off engagement.

Julia's eye contact with the mysterious man was broken when he was hit on the shoulder by Saraya. He took one last look at the blonde before he turned around, diving into conversation with Saraya and a few of her friends.

"Just. Fuck. Him." Julia's eyes rolled. Anna didn't understand. She wasn't looking for someone to make her temporarily forget her ex. She was looking for someone to make her completely forget about him.

"I'm not looking for just a fuck Anna." Though she didn't mean to come off bitchy she knew she did.

"And why not? You fuck him a few times and you'll forget about everything." Julia let out an annoyed breath. Though she was younger than Anna, Anna had no experience in a broken engagement. "Alright fine.... I'll leave you alone about it. Don't want to get death glared to sleep." Anna moved away from Julia going towards some of their other friends.

Julia stared at her drink for the longest time. It was only when she felt a presence next to her that she looked up.

"Need another?" Her eyes met the deep brown ones once more. She nodded a slight smile appearing along her lips.

"Kyle. No." Before Julia could even say a word he was dragged away from her by Saraya. The blonde could see him slowly begin to get annoyed at the lecture he was getting from the dark haired woman. Julia watched as he rolled his eyes before he walked through the crowd and out of the bar. "Sorry...." Saraya started as she came back up to the blonde. "He's just not what you...."

Julia didn't even let her finish. Her eyes rolled before she stood up and walked away from the bar. Everyone though they knew what she wanted. Anna thought it was a fuck, Saraya thought it was space, Malakai and Buddy thought it was various gifts and Brody thought it was support. In reality not even Julia knew what she wanted. All she knew was that she had been drawn to the pair of brown eyes she had seen across the bar.

As she walked outside Julia was greeted by a light breeze. When she heard an eerie whistle her head snapped towards it. Once more she was greeted by that same pair of brown eyes. She was instantly drawn closer to him.

She got closer and to her it felt like he towered over her. As she looked up at him she got her first good look at him. His eyes were the only thing welcoming about his face. His hair was darker and short, his nose slightly crooked and there was a long scar that trailed from just above his left eyebrow all the way down his face. His long tattooed arms were crossed over his chest as he examined her.

"Hello there little Braveheart." The words stopped her and she instantly felt the urge to run. "You can run. But we both know you'll just come right back." Her eyes moved back to his and she knew his words were true. "I had a little birdie who told me all about you. Told me you like to play with the darkness...." It was almost as if on cue that there were flames dancing across his fingertips. She stared at his fingers before the flames extinguished.

"Nice trick." She said unamused. A deep almost dark chuckle escaped his lips before he showed her his palm.

"Not a trick little Bravehart...." He could see her jaw tense at the name. "Now, now. I'm not here to oust you. I'm here to help you."

"I don't need help." Another deep chuckle left his lips.

"Don't lie to me. I can see right through you. You just haven't learned to do the same." The lights around them went dark as she took a step towards him. He could tell he was making her angry. A smirk appeared along his lips. "You know it's a shame you don't know your true skill yet." The words pissed her off. He was instantly slammed against the wall behind him by a dark gust of wind. His eyes turned cold as he looked at her. After a few seconds of her keeping him against the wall, he effortlessly stepped through the black cloud. He grabbed her arm making sure their skin stayed separated by her clothing. "Listen to me." His words were cold and demanding. When she tried to slide her arm out of his hand tightened.

"Kyle I fucking told you...." The second the words came from Saraya's mouth he was slammed against the wall behind him with even more force that Julia had. "Did he touch you?" Saraya's asked as she looked over her shoulder at Julia concerned.

"I didn't touch her." His words came out strained. Saraya was glaring at him as she kept him against the wall. "'Raya." His eyes flicked to behind the two women and that's when she saw the three men approaching them. "Let. Me. Go." She instantly did. Within seconds he was in front of them. Saraya's hand was on his wrist holding back his balled and flaming fist.

"Kyle...." She warned him knowing if she didn't he would do something that would put them in jeopardy. "We need to go." Saraya looked at Julia who was the first to start the walk back towards the bar. "Hands." A huff escaped his lips before the flames along his palms were extinguished. "Go." She pushed him getting him to walk back into the bar knowing they would be safer in there.

Julia made her way back towards Anna and was just about shaking. Saraya got Kyle back towards her group of friends, forcing him to stay with them before she went towards the blonde.

"He's different than us. Much darker. I brought him here because he knows when they try and come. Kyle even as dark as he is doesn't want to see anyone had to deal with them. He was there, is one of the only ones I've ever heard of that got out. But it was because he lost control because they made him lose control. The more people he comes into contact with the closer he gets to losing that control again. I know you're drawn to him. We all are. It's how he is with people. But you cannot under any circumstances come into direct contact with him. I need you to make me that promise Julia." Saraya's words were quiet only for Julia to hear. As the blonde stared at the back wall of the bar she thought about what Saraya had said. Finally Julia nodded. "Thank you."

With that Saraya left and went back to the group she had been in. Anna's hand grabbed Julia's wrist before she stared into the blondes eyes.

"Julia, I swear if you don't listen to her." Julia pulled her arm away from the brunette.

"I will." Julia's words were unconvincing.

"Julia...." The blondes jaw tensed.

"I'm a bloody adult. I can do what the fuck I want." Julia stopped as she heard the same whistle she had heard earlier. She was the only one that could hear it in the loud bar. Julia remained still as she heard Kyle's words from across the bar.

"Relax little Bravehart."