Thirteen

"You know.... I trust yous.... Yes I am just about forced to trust her but it would be nice if yous would trust me for once." Kyle commented as he saw both Julia and Anna hesitate as they got out of the car.

"It's not that we don't trust you it's just you want us to go out in the middle of the woods.... In the middle of the night.... To find a library." He nodded at Anna's words.

"You know you forget that you've already seen it...." He looked over at Julia for a moment before their eyes met and the image of the building was at the forefront of her mind. "And now she has.... So would yous just trust me?"

"Fine but you're keeping me warm it's fucking cold...." Kyle chuckled and shook his head at Anna's words.

"Fine by me...." As his hands moved into the pocket of his hoodie, her hand moved to rest along his bicep. Almost instantly his comforting warmth spread across her body. "Julia...?" When the blonde rolled her eyes and turned around Anna could just about feel his confusion. "I.... Alright.... Just follow the path."

"What...?" Before Julia could fully ask her question his whistle stopped her. It was then that a pathway opened up in front of her. When he stopped he turned and could see Anna looking at him curiously.

"Hmm?" He questioned her as they followed Julia who had started down the path.

"I.... Couldn't hear it." He looked at Anna confused. "Yeah.... I'm just as confused as you are."

"Hopefully there will be answers for yous. I've gotten as much as I could already." Anna nodded at his words.

"I hope so." When she squeezed his bicep she could hear him let out a breath. She could almost instantly tell he was relaxed by the action. They got to a clearing and Kyle carefully caught Julia's arm.

"There's nothing here why are we...?" Julia's words were stopped by his whistle. This time Anna's hand slipped to his forearm her fingertips just barely connecting with his skin. Once again she heard his whistle just as a cloak of darkness surrounding the large building he had showed them disappeared. Julia and Anna caught Kyle when he teetered.

"S-Sorry.... I should've brought 'Raya along...." He said as he regained his balance. "Come on. Can only keep it back for so long.... Once we're in we're fine but yous don't want to get caught in it."  Julia was the first to move towards the large door. As Anna and Kyle followed he could feel the brunettes fingertips press firmly into his wrist. "I'll be fine for now Anna." He said quietly knowing what she was trying to do.

"I touch you.... I hear it." She said once they were inside the large building. Confusion once more crossed Kyle's face.

"What the fuck...." He said under his breath but just loud enough for Anna to hear. After a few moments he cleared his throat, fully collecting himself as he drew both of their attentions. "The only way I can describe it is you'll know what you're looking for. Might be more than one thing. Might only be one but you'll know. I.... I'll be here if yous need anything." Anna gently squeezed his forearm before nodding as she left. She had already felt drawn to one of the stacks of books.

Julia however turned and was staring at Kyle. She could tell his mind was racing. Instead of letting him be she moved towards him. Gently her hand moved to rest along his stomach breaking his trance.

"I-I'm fine...." Julia shook her head.

"No you're not." He sighed. "I'm not going to ask.... Just tell me when you're ready." He nodded. "How do I...?" She started her question just as their eyes met. For the first time Julia could vividly see one of Kyle's memories.

(Flashback)
"Go." Kyle looked up at the man who towered over him. The man's face was menacing, jaw tight, eyes constantly glaring.

"W-What do I...?" Kyle was shoved backwards landing on his backside. The man crouched down towering over him.