Nine.

The next few days they had spent in quiet. Kyle had opted to stay out on the patio for the majority of it while Anna had been in her room. Julia was the one that had been checking on the both of them. Though Anna had stayed quiet, Kyle had slowly begun to help Julia learn control.

As Anna walked out into the living room, Julia watched her carefully. Slowly the brunette moved to sit on the couch next to her best friend. The two were silent for the longest time. Julia could just about feel Anna tense at the sound of the patio door opening.

"I-I.... Don't want any trouble. I'm not going to force you into talking to me...." Anna looked up at him and could see the fact that he looked like he hadn't slept since they last spoke.

"You need to sleep...." He slowly nodded at her words. "G-Go sit over there." He was silent as he listened to Anna's words.

"I just...." He started as he went to sit down.

"We'll wake you up." He nodded at Julia's words before Anna without a word grabbed his arm and forced him to sleep. Anna stared at him for the longest time. "C-Can we talk?" Slowly Anna nodded before she moved back to her previous spot. "He.... He told me about something."

"Julia.... You don't want to know." The blonde looked her in the eyes and Anna sighed. "I.... Toni told me about the promise she and Saraya made to him. S-Saraya is his Brody. She.... Her and Toni.... They have a pact with him that if he loses control they will...." Both of them were staring at Kyle. "Other than you.... Those two are the only ones that could do it. Toni is the only one who could put him into a deep enough sleep that he would feel none of what Saraya would do."

"I-I need you to promise me the same." Anna's head shot towards Julia.

"I-I don't know if I can." The brunette finally admitted. "Julia. You realize what you're asking me to do...."

"I do. Anna I don't want to hurt anyone. I don't want to force people into doing what I want. I don't want to be a fucking puppet master. If all this goes to my head. I need you and Brody to do the same because he never will." Anna looked at Julia who was staring at Kyle.

"He can't." The blondes head snapped towards her.

"What?" Anna slowly nodded.

"He can't do it. Physically, mentally.... Everything in him would stop him from doing it. You will always hold that over him." Julia was shocked to say the least. "It's only us. Brody and I are the only two that aren't affected by your call. Just like Toni and Saraya aren't with his. Only those that aren't drawn into it can do it."

"And what if something happens to you?" Anna sucked in a breath. "Anna...."

"Then there's nothing to stop you. But something would happen to him before it would happen to Brody and I. His fatal flaw is that he has to protect you and us. He.... He would protect us before Toni and Saraya. Which is why they have their pact. He would.... If he.... If he tried to hurt them, which he very well would if something happened to you.... They know what they need to do." Julia was staring at Kyle digesting all the information.

"I.... If something happens to us wouldn't it.... Would it...." The words were caught in her throat. "Would something happen to you and Toni?"

"We.... We don't know." Anna's words were shaky.

Silence was all there was for nearly two hours. Though neither had moved neither wanted to speak either. Julia was staring at Kyle while Anna was cautiously looking between the both. When the room began to heat up, their attention fully went to Kyle. His arms had crossed over his chest. His face was scrunched in pain.

Anna was the first to move quickly going into the kitchen for a glass of water. What she didn't expect was to come out to Julia's hand pressed against his clothed shoulder. Something in her had told her to do it and slowly just the action made him relax. Kyle's face softened as his arms dropped back to his sides. When Anna set the glass down on the table Julia's head turned towards her. It was almost as if on cue that Toni was ringing Anna. The brunette put it on speaker so both women could hear.