The Blue Sweater [Hurt/Comfort] S7

this is the first oneshot I am posting so i really hope this goes well lmao

TWs:

- disassociation / epsiode

- semi-panic attack

- self-inflicted wounds (not really gore but there are self-inflicted wounds)

- mentions of YHS/S4m

I THINK THAT'S IT LET ME KNOW IF THERE'S ANYTHING I MISSED (this is quite a long one too)

Happy reading!! <3

The small avian briskly walked through the halls of his mansion. He was panicking. And he hated stopping his work for any reason at all. Figuring that it would wear off eventually, Grian decided to walk it off through the halls of his mansion. However, this didn't seem to be calming his frantic mind, maybe making it worse in fact, so Grian turned around and raced to his bedroom so he could sit down. The door slightly creaked when opened as Grian made his way into the room.

His room is a decent size, a tall, light gray room with large windows. There is a medium-sized desk with a lamp and a few strewn papers resting on top. Next to it sits a pair of double chests, undoubtedly filled with junk. The floor was covered with a darker gray, fuzzy carpet. On one wall the door to his closet was closed and had a full length mirror mounted to the wall next to it. On the opposite side of the room stood a jungle tree no taller than fifteen blocks, with a knitted hammock hanging from one outstretched branch. On a more concealed branch sat a large nest that could easily fit three people-through it was mainly covered with leaves, so you couldn't tell it was there unless told, or the lantern inside was lit. More lanterns hang from the ceiling from chains, dangling a varied lengths.

Swiftly closing the door, Grian starts pacing lightly. He feels like a light weight is being pressed against his lungs. Picking his head up, he quickly whips it to his left, only to be met with an unsettling sight. His gaze directed at the mirror, Grian's reflection stared back at him, but it wasn't a sight he'd particularly like to see. Expecting to see himself in his parrot-glory, with colorful wings and a red sweater, Grian's eyes started to well up. Because before him, stood a different person. This person may have had his face, his eyes, his wings...but something was different. Because this person had a blue sweater. Not a red sweater. Blue.

Backing away slowly, Grian stared at this stranger in the mirror. No... this was not him. Not him. Grian kept backing up until his back hit the thick trunk of the tree. On impact, Grian felt and saw the tears start aggressively rolling down his face as images flashed through his mind. Images of the past. Of a highschool filled with psychopaths. The face of his lover's perfect face before his death. The crazed face of an ex-best friend. The plastic forced down his throat. The blue shirt with black overalls and matching headphones that stained his memory forever. Months spent living in fear.

Grian slides down with his back still pressed against the tree until he is sitting on the ground and bawling his eyes out. Breathing pattern escalating quickly, he raises his arms to his head to try and stop the pounding and level out his breathing, but his attempt is in vain. Semi-quiet sobs and hitched breathing fills the room. His situation is only getting worse, but there's nothing he can do about it. Everything is just too loud. Grian's hands shift to be grasping the opposite arm as his breathing becomes extremely erratic, and he can no longer tell if he's in the right body. All Grian's mind can focus on is the haunting memories of the past, triggered by just the color of his sweater. But Grian is never one to back down from a hermit challenge, which required him to wear the dreaded color for a bit.

He is sure the hermit that gave him the challenge had no clue about his issue with the color blue, as he had never told anyone. Grian had never wanted to burden any hermit with his problems. He was sure they all had their own to deal with. So what to do when nobody is there to help him zone out the mental pain?