Desert Rabbits [Fluff/Comfort] 3rd Life - Part 2

two people requested a continuation so here's your part twoooo 

it's not as angsty as some others i've written, but i didn't really know how to make it super angsty being that i wasn't planning on writing a part two but i tried to add little drops of it here and there. but enjoy the fluff/comfort anyways <3

TWs:
- none, i don't think <3

As Grian opens his eyes, he takes in his surroundings, confused as to why he's at Scott and Jimmy's house. It's only a few seconds before he remembers and mutters a quiet "oh..."

The avian sits up and surveys his location. Two unidentifiable voices outside. Light spews into the room from the door, alluding to the general time of day. Soft footsteps walking up the stairs.

Grian wraps himself in his wings, honing his senses in on the sound coming from the staircase. He stares at the entrance and tenses up a little bit before seeing Jimmy reach the top of the stairs before walking over to a chest. He grabs some bread and begins to eat it as he turns around, freezing mid-bite as he sees the avian.

Solidarity takes the bread out of his mouth before clearing his throat. "O-oh, sorry Grian! Didn't see you there, I honestly thought you woke up and went outside already haha," he gives the parrot hybrid an apologetic look.

Grian lowers his colorful wings, sliding out of the bed and walking over to his friend. With a tired look in his eyes, he simply wraps his arms and wings around the taller, pulling him in for a hug. Jimmy smiles and returns the embrace.

After a few seconds, the two pull away and the canary suggests going outside, being that Scar is here, to which the parrot nods in reply. Jimmy grabs Grian's hand and leads them outside of the house and over to where Scott and Scar are talking.

"Well, why did you come then?" the scotsman asks.

"Because I wanted to see my Grian!" Scar replies, clearly having been denied entrance to the house by Scott.

"Dude, I said I would message you when he's awake. He's still sleeping!" the blue-haired man says in a playfully annoyed way.

"Yeah but-"

"But what?"

"Well if you'd let a man finish-"

"Scar, there are no viable 'but's" Scott facepalms.

At his words, the tall brunette playfully looks away as if he's mad at Scott, earning a chuckle, not just from the blue-haired green life, but also from Jimmy and Grian.

"Oh, I guess he woke up," Scott says as he smiles at the parrot hybrid. Scar, on the other hand, runs right up to Grian and immediately hugs him tightly, but not so tight that he can't breathe.

The avian laughs at the gesture. "I wasn't gone for that long, Scar,"

"Yeah but I still missed you," the scarred man says, letting go of Grian. "Let's go back to Monopoly Mountain. Pizza's missed you too." 

Not giving Grian any time to respond, Scar takes his hand and begins the walk to the desert. The parrot turns back around and mouths a 'thank you' to their allies before turning around and keeping pace with Scar, earning another laugh from the two flower husbands. However, he also sees the vex turn around and shares a look with the two of them, one that Grian doesn't have time to decipher, as it occurred in a very short period of time.

"Scar, quit dragging me!" Grian exclaims. Said scarred man only giggles as he leads his partner up the stairs of Monopoly Mountain, only letting him go once they reach the top.

"Pizza, look who's back!" Scar says to their shared llama, going over to pet him. Grian does the same, pulling some wheat out of his inventory to feed him.

All of the sudden, Grian feels Scar's demeanor change from behind him. "Meet me in our bedroom once you're done feeding Pizza," the vex says calmly, entering the house.

Confused at Scar's words, the parrot quickly finishes feeding Pizza the wheat from his hotbar before following into the house and walking up to their shared bedroom, seeing Scar sitting on their bed.

"Sit down," he says with a tone Grian's never heard from him before. The blonde wonders if he did something to upset Scar. He was his usual happy-go-lucky just a few minutes prior, what happened?

"Did something happen, Scar?" Grian asks, concern lacing his voice.

"I just wanted to talk to you about earlier," Scar says after a pause.

"Oh," is all Grian can say. Scott must've filled Scar in when he arrived at the flower valley. The two sit in silence for a bit, both unsure of what to say.

After a minute, Scar sighs and moves to be sitting closer to the avian. He laces his fingers through the blonde's, causing him to slightly blush.

"Grian," he starts. "I may be reckless at some times, but I really do care about you. And I'm sorry if my repulsiveness makes you nervous sometimes but-"

"Oh, oh no no no!" Grian interrupts the scarred man. "Oh Scar, in no way was that your fault. I just..."

A pause. "You just what?" Scar asks softly. "If it wasn't about me, then what happened, Grian?"

The parrot hybrid feels the sadness emanating from the vex. "It was just..." the avian takes a deep breath before continuing. "I saw something while you weren't around and it triggered some painful memories. I didn't know where you were so I went to Scott."

The scarred man ponders the avian's words for a minute before pulling him into a hug. "Alright, just, please don't hesitate to reach out if you're feeling down. I'm sorry that I wasn't here to help you and that you had to go through that, but please know that I love you indefinitely. You've done so much for me so far, it's only fair that I do something for you."

A single tear slides down the avian's cheek as he closes his eyes and presses his face against the red life's.

"Thank you Scar," Grian says. "Thank you so much."

And the two stay there in silence, together, not wanting to leave each other's warm embrace as the sun slowly sets upon the desert.

989 words

so its a kinda short and fluffy part two with like a little bit of angst sewn in there, hope yall dont mind that lmao

i dont know when this is being posted relative to the other two im working on and if the other two will be posted before this oneshot at the time im writing this, but if they're not i hope to get them out soon

take care everyone, thanks for reading!