Brothers [Angst/Comfort] (Hels & EX) Part 1

ok so i know this is not a Grian oneshot but i was inspired by one of my headcanons (see previous chapter) to write this

this doesn't have like a set season btw just season 6 or later i think

this will be in two parts because i dont want to post a 3,000 word oneshot again cause i think that's too much tbh lmao

also this ships Hex (I AM SO NORMAL ABOUT THEM FEIWMAHFUAIWLXH) so if you dont like that feel free to skip over this. ill probably summarize what happened in part one before part two, and part two should have little to no shipping.

HEADCANON(S) USED:
- EX uses (he/they/xe) im so sorry if pronoun usage is confusing, it'll be better in the next part
- Hels and EX (Xanathus) live in a section of the nether with other evil hermits
- They're brothers, your honor (Xisuma and Xanathus)
- EX was always put down as a child because he "wasn't as good as Xisuma", causing their parents to separate them to the point where Xisuma didn't even know Xanathus existed
- Xanathus blames Xisuma for his trauma

TW:
- yelling; 2 curses; breakdowns; blood; fire; 

 Xanathus's heart beats fast and hard in their chest. Adrenaline pumps through his veins. Finally. Xe has been waiting so long for this moment. Xyr chance to knock his 'dear' brother off of his high throne once and for all.

His parents always acted like he was less than Xisuma. Like a defect. Almost like a worse version of him. In fact, they were even called a worse version of their brother multiple times. So xe wasn't surprised when the hermits referred to him as 'Evil Xisuma', even applauding their creativity on that one. Sometimes, they'd even call xem 'Ex' for short! They gave xem a nickname!

"Stop this, Evil Xisuma! What is wrong with you?!" Xisuma's heavily British accent calls out from in front of him. Xanathus shifts his gaze to meet his twin's eyes before cracking a smile and letting out a small, maniacal giggle.

"A lot of things!" Xanathus explains in a cheery voice. They know exactly what is wrong with themself. The problem stands right in front of xem, angry, out of breath, bleeding, and utterly helpless. "Hels? Would you be a dear?"

Helsknight chuckles darkly from behind the albino before lighting a thick ring of fire around the trapped Hermits. Not all of them are in the ring, as the evil duo had knocked a bunch of them unconscious and tied them up earlier.

Xanathus sticks his hand out and with a wave of magic they had learned a few years ago, forces Xisuma above the ground, leaving him to choke for a good few seconds before throwing him at his friend, who catches and stabilizes him.

"Why the hell are you doing this?!" a gruff and angry voice, the voice of the person who caught xyr brother yells out. "Tell us the reason why you are ruining lives!"

Why xe's ruining lives? I really should be asking you that question! Xanathus thinks as he stares at the creeper hybrid, a crazy smile creeping onto his face very slowly.

Xanathus lets out a laugh. The irony of this whole situation is really getting to them!

"Y-yeah," Xisuma begins to speak again, weakly this time. Xanathus rolls their eyes. "What have we done t-to deserve this? Wh-what have I done?!"

The last sentence makes Xanathus stop. He notices himself ceasing to breathe, quickly mentally reminding his lungs to work, and feels like he's been hit with a boulder. What has Xisuma done? What has Xisuma done? The person who is the source of Xanathus's problems? The person who if they stood in the same room as him, they'd be punished? The 'better' version of him? Xanathus won't accept that. They won't accept Xisuma's claim to innocence. Xanathus knows better. Xe had lost xyr gullibility long ago.

Pulling out of his mental world, Xanathus speaks softly. "What have...you...done?" they feel the wall that years upon years of trauma had built start to crack. "What have you done? What have you done!?" Xanathus starts yelling, feeling himself start to lose control. Hels takes notice of this, and tries to intervene.

"Xan, calm down–"

"What have YOU done?!" Xanathus cuts xyr boyfriend off. Xe doesn't care anymore. "How dare you even say that, you bitch!! You know EXACTLY what you did!!" Xanathus practically screams out at xyr brother, who in return flinches. Xanathus tries to fight against the strong grip of xyr boyfriend's grasp. "Come on, Xan–"

"NO! This bitch has the audacity to ask ME what HE'S done! I can't–" Xanathus is cut off by their own hysterical sobs as Hels drags them away from the shocked group of hermits, opens a portal back to Helsmitcraft, and shoves his lover through before looking back at the hermits.

Hels glares at them for a good few seconds before saying "You don't know what we've been through." The knight glances at his own 'good' counterpart before turning around and hopping through the portal.

The knight feels refreshed by the wave of heat that hits him as he enters the nether landscape of Helsmitcraft.

"Hels, what the hell happened?!" True's slightly computerized and concerned voice calls out. Hels looks towards her to see her holding Xanathus while they break down into her shirt.

Hels sighs before replying, "we were on Hermitcraft and one of them said something that triggered them badly. I can take them from here," the knight kneels down next to his lover. "Hey, baby, it's me. Here, let's take you back to our room. Does that sound good?" Hels speaks in a very soft voice. A voice True wasn't aware the knight had the ability to speak in.

The sobbing albino nods, shifting his weight onto Hels. The knight stands them up and grabs onto them, picking them up and giving a look of acknowledgement to True before walking over to the duo's shared house.

As Hels reaches their shared room, he puts Xanathus's feet on the ground so that xe's standing, but still leaning against xyr lover. Hels slowly removes Xanathus's red mask and places it down on a dresser. He then proceeds to take off pieces of xyr armor, laying those down next to the mask and changes the albino's clothes, leaving xem in a hoodie and sweatpants. Hels lays his lover on their shared bed with great care before taking off his own helmet and armor, changing into a loose t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants.

Returning to his lover on the bed, Hels slides next to him and pulls him into a cuddle position. The two sit like that for half a minute, Xanathus still crying, but less hysterically now, before Hels speaks up.

"Go ahead, my love. You can let everything out." the knight says, peppering a kiss on his lover's forehead. "I love you so much, Xan. I'll always be here for you."

At this remark, Xanathus looks up into his lover's welcoming eyes and his wall crumbles completely as he starts to sob into Hels's shirt. The knight immediately moves his hands to rub circles into the albino's back as they cry their eyes out.

With Hels's occasional 'it's okay' or 'you're so strong' or 'I love you', the duo eventually falls asleep, spooning on their bed.

1,037 words

i am so normal about them-

part two should be out really soon <3