Broken Glass [Angst] S6 READ TW

hey yall this one's kinda short and sweet because it was kind of rushed but who cares I kinda like how it turned out and how I was able to do it in one day lmao

anyone else been really hungry for angst lately? just me? okay then

TWs (PLEASE READ):
- s3lf h4rm
- self deprecating thoughts 
- broken glass

if you SH, please get help. it's not a healthy coping method. i know a lot of people enjoy the really heavy angst that includes topics like this, but that doesn't make it an okay thing to do. it's not healthy. please stay safe guys <3

Grian walks briskly through the shopping district towards Welsknight's Glass Shop. He needs some more glass, since he's run out and it's a pretty big component of his base.

The blonde was extremely anxious when first joining HermitCraft. The fear of being in a new place with new people was very overwhelming for him. But he's become accustomed to the server, it's even started to grow on him. Everyone here is so kind and accepting of his chaotic personality. This is only his first season, but Grian's already become attached.

The avian walks into the store and beelines for the cyan category, purchasing a shulker box full of cyan glass. After paying, Grian goes to leave but is startled as he bumps into Doc, who also happened to not be watching where he was going. In his shock, Grian accidentally drops his shulker box of glass, which clatters to the ground, the sound of shattering glass very distinctive from inside.

"Doc! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you! I promise!" Grian nervously says, picking up his shulker box quickly. After standing up again, the avian sees that in bumping into the creeper hybrid, an open water bottle Doc was holding had been partially spilled on his lab coat.

"Oh-oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Grian says, slightly panicking. Doc's expression is unreadable, so he can't tell whether the creeper-goat hybrid is mad or not. The avian has no clue how to react. He's supposed to be enemies with this guy, being that they are on opposite sides of the prank war right now, but they're still both Hermits, and Grian just got here. He doesn't want to make Doc absolutely hate him already!

After a few seconds of silence, the blonde anxiously stammers "I-I think I'm just gonna go-" before rushing past the creeper hybrid, opening his parrot-colored wings and soaring off into the sky. He swears he hears someone call out his name from behind him, most likely Doc, but doesn't dare to turn back.

Stupid, I'm so stupid Grian thinks to himself as he flies to his starter base. Now he hates me! Great job, Grian! As the avian approaches the opening to his submerged bottle of a base, he folds his wings and drops into the water, quickly swimming through the entrance and entering the area. He runs inside his shipwreck and drops the shulker box of glass on the ground, tears threatening to fall. Grian lowers himself to the floor and grips his sleeves tightly, now crying.

Hating the feeling, the blonde desperately looks for a release, a way to ease his pain. How can he distract himself from his mental hurt? The avian takes notice of the shulker box he bought earlier that sits next to him. Remembering its contents, Grian crawls over to it and unscrews the top. Laying the lid on the ground next to him, he reaches inside the shulker and takes out a shard of broken glass. He selects a piece that is about four inches long and sharp.

Rolling up his sleeves while still crying, Grian brings the glass to his left forearm and presses down. The avian watches as beads of blood appear on his skin, soaking in the pain, before slicing a cut across the area. For a moment, the blonde is distracted from his run-in with Doc earlier.

Desiring the sensation again, Grian brings the piece of glass back to his skin, about a centimeter below the first cut, and makes another slit on his arm. And then another. And then another. And another. And another and another until his forearms are completely littered with cuts, all of which have blood seeping out of it. How many have been made? Grian isn't sure, but the pain radiating from his arms is enough to tear his focus away from the previous situation and keep it on something else.

He scoots to be leaning against a wall in the ship and rests for a few minutes, trying to regain the strength and willpower to get up. He takes the time to steady his breathing and calm himself down. Once he finally does, the blonde exits the shipwreck and walks over to his chest, grabbing a few bandages. Returning to his previous spot, the avian surrounds his fresh wounds with the bandages, making sure to cover each cut and tie it off tightly.

As he finishes wrapping his arms, Grian rolls down his sleeves to cover the bandages and leaves the ship.

Pulling a book and quill from his inventory that serves the purpose of a to-do list, the avian sees that he had agreed to meet with Mumbo and Iskall to make plans and discuss things concerning Sahara. Grian would've liked to stay in his starter base a little longer, maybe even go to his work-in-progress mega base, but the meeting is supposed to take place in just ten minutes, which leaves no time for the blonde to do that until the meeting ends.

Groaning heavily, Grian gathers a few things he might need before exiting the bottle and swimming to the surface of the water, hopping into a boat and sailing to a convenient patch of land. Once standing, the avian wastes no time in retrieving the boat and spreading his wings, flying over to the Sahara building.

890 words

this was a little hard for me to write. again, if you do this, please get help. it's not healthy.

gonna be honest i've been very hungry for angst recently, and my last post SUCKED so that's why i wrote this

should i make a part two where he's at the meeting and iskall and mumbo are like smths up and then they follow him in secret and see the scars and it turns into a hurt/comfort sort of thing??? 

btw doc isn't mad he's just a little shooketh hence the reason he wasnt yelling at grian until he ran away, and even then he was just yelling to get grians attention

as always, make sure to take care of yourselfs. drink water, eat food, and try not to spend too much time on wattpad lmao 

<3