{READ TW} Broken Glass [Hurt/Comfort] S6 - Part 2

hey guys so i really thought i'd be able to write more but my schedule/plans kinda went like "nope, you better get yo ass to the grocery store!" so this is all i wrote (sadly)

anyways i wanted to thank you guys for all the comments and votes and even just reading in general, it's so nice to see that people enjoy reading what i enjoy writing. and even if i dont reply to your comments, just know that i see each and every one of them and i love you all like thank you so much for taking the time to write a comment <3

you all mean the world to me, so enjoy this longer oneshot! (it's around 3k words lord help me)

TWs:
- mentions/implications of s3lf h4rm
- lots of crying
- like one swear word

HEADCANONS USED:
- grian is a birb boi. he has talons instead of feet and mumbo wears metal armor on his shoulders so that grian can land on his shoulders without crushing them. he also wears a metal gauntlet on his arm so that grian can land on that too.

Grian takes a deep breath as he approaches Sahara. He spots his business partners and best friends, Mumbo and Iskall, waiting for him by the entrance. They seem to be making light conversation, and Mumbo waves to him once he sees the avian flying over. No turning back now.

Grian dives and swoops towards Mumbo, slowing himself down with his wings as he gets within hearing range of the ravenette and, as Mumbo extends an arm out, the avian extends his talons and lands on the redstoner's arm.

Squatting down, the blonde smiles at the other two.

"Hello there, Grian," Mumbo says, returning the smile.

"Alright, now that you're here, we can start," Iskall says, walking inside, to which Mumbo follows with Grian still on his arm.

The meeting goes by quickly for the avian. He asks questions and answers them when needed and contributes to the conversation when called upon. He is also enjoying his position on Mumbo's arm, impressed by the fact that the man's arm hasn't tired yet.

During the meeting, after the avian had come down from his perch, both Iskall and Mumbo had noticed that Grian's sleeves were down. This was strange as he usually keeps them rolled up to just above his elbow. However, they decided not to read into it too deeply. They had other important tasks to focus on.

But now, their suspicions have increased after noticing some more strange activity from the short blonde, such as how he forces his hands down quickly whenever one rises to the opposite arm, or how he seems to be in pain whenever lifting a shulker box, and even how unusually quiet he's been.

The three stand discussing stock before Grian excuses himself to the restroom. Once the blonde is out of hearing range, Iskall finally points out what the two men have been noticing.

"Hey Mumbo," the swede starts. "Have you also been noticing something off with Grian?"

"Yeah, I have, actually," Mumbo replies. "Like how he was late to the meeting today."

"And how nervous he seems," Iskall adds.

"How he seems to be in pain when lifting just one shulker box."

"He's oddly quieter than usual."

"Have you noticed how he will bring his hand up to his arm and immediately drop it? What's that about?"

"I've got no clue, dude," Iskall says with a shrug. "I've been trying to think of something that could be happening, but I haven't come up with anything."