Anxiety [Angst/Comfort] S9

i dont really like where this went tbh, but it's some angst ig???
enjoy this thing i guess-

set in S9 with all the buttercup things (i love them)

TWs:
- panic attack
- blood (from self-inflicted wounds)
- doc is ANGYYYYY
- i think that's it (LET ME KNOW IF IT'S NOT PLEASE-)

Ever since Grian joined Hermitcraft in Season 6, he's known as the server's resident 'pesky bird'. He plays pranks and has a sunshine personality that makes anyone want to hang out with him. He has a confident demeanor and loves to make others smile.

But that's only what most of the Hermits think or interpret the smaller avian as.

To Xisuma, Keralis, Joe, Cub, and Doc, something's always been, well, off with Grian. But they could never lay a finger on it. They had tried nonchalantly observing him, but they could not find anything wrong, so they dropped it. Grian seemed happy, the others seemed happy, so they were happy. That was four years ago.

Now, in Season 9, Grian walks aside his two best friends, Mumbo and Scar. The trio is dressed up in rainbows and yellow hence their little prank war with Doc and Ren. They had just finished completely covering The Perimeter with a layer of dirt and some trees, and are most definitely tired. And sore. Very tired and sore.

Mumbo lets out an exasperated sigh as he sits on the stairs near the entrance of his base, pulling out a water bottle and chugging it completely. Grian takes a seat next to Mumbo and Scar does the same on the other side of the mustached man.

"Well," Scar starts, clearly still winded from the effort. "That sure was something!"

"Yeah, definitely," Mumbo says, also out of breath. "Let's never do that again, aye?"

"I second that," the avian says.

"Same."

The Buttercups sit in silence for a bit, just regaining their breath, and slowly begin to disperse. Scar extends his elytra for the short flight to Scarland, and Mumbo turns around to enter his vault. Grian also gets up and returns to his base, immediately pulling out a water bottle to drink it. Exhaustion overcoming the avian, he decides to retreat to his nest-bed and take a nap.

Grian wakes up to the pinging of his communicator. Groggily sitting up and wiping his eyes, the blonde grabs the device and opens it to the chat.

"What's happening?" the avian mumbles, scrolling through the messages. As he reads them, fear slowly creeps throughout him. Doc finally saw The Perimeter. And he's mad. Now fully awake and functioning, Grian starts to panic, fearing the possibilities.

He backs up into a corner, tears starting to spill from his eyes.the blonde grips his hair tightly, curling himself into a ball. Many thoughts fly through his head. Thoughts about Doc's reaction, what others would say, how Doc will retaliate, and most importantly, who will the blame get pinned on?

He'd never meant to get such an angry reaction from Doc. All he wanted to do was play a harmless prank! There's a reason for the name 'prank war' afterall.

Falling deeper into the rabbit hole, Grian's eyes squint as a greater volume of tears spills out from them. His breathing becomes erratic, panicking at a high level now.

Desperate for some sort of release from the pain, the avian moves his hands to his arms and starts to violently scratch at the open skin, unaware of the wounds he is inflicting upon himself.

Eventually, Grian starts to numb, and after not being able to feel anything for a good three minutes, he passes out leaning against the wall in his base.