Sleepless [Angst/Comfort] S10

this is a scheduled post

requested by BeyondFengo

TWs:
- crying
- yelling
- shattered glass
- throwing things

lmk if there's anything i missed! 

enjoy!

Grian has been feeling on edge all day, and he doesn't know why. Originally, the abnormal increase in anxiety hadn't really taken a huge toll on him, but now, even something so simple as exiting his base has been causing him to absolutely freak out. In addition, Grian also noticed how he's become increasingly easy to annoy, and not fishing up a mending book quite frankly isn't helping the situation.

"Ugh, I hate this!" Grian kicks the dirt in frustration. He's been working at this stupid roof for over an hour now and just can't seem to make it look structurally stable. Whatever blocks, patterns, texturing, and designs he chooses, nothing seems to work.

Suddenly overcome with a wave of emotion, Grian crumples to the ground and starts sobbing his eyes out, not caring if anyone else is around. Normally, he'd make his way into a secluded area so that nobody would see him, but Grian just doesn't care anymore. Burying his face in his hands, he lowers his forehead and presses it to the ground while sitting on his knees and pulling his body tighter together.

After a few minutes of ugly pouring out of raw frustration, Grian sits back up and wipes his eyes, sitting there in silence for a moment before getting back up and walking over to a barrel. He puts his blocks inside and angrily slams the barrel shut.

"Anything else?" a computerized version of Lizzie's voice rings out from Joel's communicator.

"Don't think so," he responds, walking through the intricately constructed and decorated pathways of his base. Since the two had been separated when Joel moved to Hermitcraft, Xisuma coded a function into his communicator so that he could call and talk to his wife everyday, which Joel will be eternally thankful for.

Xisuma seems very nice so far. Joel must admit, he had been a little nervous about this guy when first moving to Hermitcraft, but he's heard lovely things about him from people like Etho or Grian. On top of that, Skizz didn't seem nervous about him at all, which, being that they're both the newbies this season, means that Joel shouldn't be either. And this has in fact run true, as Xisuma was kind enough to give Joel's communicator a special function just so that he could talk to his wife.

"Alright, I'll talk to you tomorrow!" Lizzie's cheerful voice rings out.

"See you tomorrow, goodnight, Lizzie."

"Goodnight!" and with a short tone of the communicator, the call has ended and Joel's surroundings return to silence. He truly does love his base. From the hand-painted banners, to the arches, to the streets, the build just feels so alive. As he goes over today's goals in his head to make sure there wasn't anything he missed, Joel remembers that he planned on asking Grian for assistance with duplicating a permit for display purposes.

He extends his elytra and uses a rocket to propel himself over Magic Mountain towards Gem's base. Once landing on the top, he surveys the scene looking for his friend, but is caught off guard when he sees Grian collapsed on the ground near one of his current builds.

Not having a clue what to do, as he's never seen Grian in this state before, Joel panics for a good minute. Should he go down and comfort his friend? Or should he just leave him alone?