Cookies [Fluff-ish/Angst] S6

i literally do not know what to say

also just realized i never did one of those introduction chapters where i introduce the reader to my book and to me and stuff. should i do one of those?

anyways

TWS:
- anorexic behavior/thoughts
- negative self-thought/speech
- passing out/unconsciousness
- hospital/IV

there is no intended shipping in this oneshot, but if you prefer to interpret it that way, be my guest

enjoy!

Drawing the curtains with a sigh, Grian returns to his kitchen, the smell of freshly baked sweets wafting through the air. As the buzzer on his oven sounds, he grabs a potholder and opens the oven, grabbing the steaming tray and placing it on his stovetop. He then grabs another tray, this one filled with raw cookies that have yet to be baked, and resets the timer on the oven.

After about another hour, all of the dough is used and the cookies sit steaming, arranged nicely on three platters. But he hasn't tasted one yet. Why would he? He's eaten way too much this week anyways.

A knock on his door interrupts Grian's thoughts.

"Grian?" a muffled voice calls from the other side of the door. "Can I come in?"

He sighs before slowly making his way over to his door, pausing for a moment before unlocking it and letting it creak open. In front of him stands Scar, his usual bright smile illuminating his face.

"Well hello there!" he says in his normal, chipper voice. "How are you doing on this fine day?"

Grian smiles tiredly. "Yeah, I'm alright. You?" he asks in return.

"I'm doing just swell today," Scar replies, his smile unwavering. "Say, what's that smell coming from inside? It smells really good," Scar inquires.

Glancing back to his kitchen, Grian steps back to let Scar inside. "I just finished making cookies, do you want any?"

At this, Scar's face lights up like a little girl unwrapping a new toy on Christmas morning. "Oh my gosh, I would love to!" Scar waltzes inside Grian's base, beelining for the counter on which the cookies sit. Grian closes the door softly behind him and follows him into the kitchen. "Does it matter which one I take?" Scar asks respectfully.

Grian shrugs. "No, not really."

Scar smiles before grabbing one of them. He starts to take a bite.

"Wait, Scar!" Grain exclaims, reaching out towards his elven friend. But he's too late, as Scar's face immediately turns to shock. He pulls the cookie out of his mouth quickly as his tongue starts to feel a burning sensation. Grian winces.

"They just came out of the oven, Scar," he says, running over to his sink. He turns it on and runs it cold, beckoning Scar over to him.

"Mmh thung!" Scar's words slur together as he tries to speak with his tongue sticking out. Meanwhile, Grian wets a paper towel with the cold water and gives it to Scar.

"Here, lay this on your tongue for a few minutes," Grian instructs. "It should help the burning."

Scar nods his head in appreciation before doing so. After noticing Scar's slightly sad face, Grian pulls him into a hug and rubs comforting circles on his back, trying to soothe him.

A few minutes pass and Scar starts to feel better, so he discards the paper towel.

"I'm so sorry, Grian. I didn't mean to spit out your cookie!" Scar apologizes profusely.