𝙩𝙬𝙤

‧₊˚⋆˙

warnings;

mentions of alcohol, body type

⎯⎯⎯⎯

A WEEK LATER
SEJAL

As soon as I walk through the door of my family home, Sid hides his phone in his pocket before giving me a cheeky smile, and I put my coat covered with raindrops on the hanger before turning to look at the idiotic boy.

He thinks he's good at being a mysterious bastard, but I practically wiped his arse and bathed him when he was a baby.

"You talking to your girl?" I ask him before bringing my hair into a loose bun at the top of my head before rushing toward the kitchen where I can hear the sound of my brother-in-law cooing at the baby that the whole family has been waiting to finally meet.

My younger brother is just the male version of me, we both look similar to our father and it's not that bad of a thing, but we have not seen him since I held onto the boy's hand and took him to his grade one classroom.

I smile so brightly when I see my older sister, who is standing in front of the stove with some chai in a pot.

"Fucking hell." I say as I grab her by the hand, it's been long since I've seen this bitch, who left for her fashion program and met a hot Indian along the way.

"I'm a pure mummy now." she points at the small baby sitting in the high chair with some tufts of black hair on top of her head.

"Jiya." I sing as I look over at my jiju, Krish, who is starting to pick her up.

She has the same dimples as her mother, but her eyes are a darker brown like her father's. To be fair, she kind of looks like her nani, but my own is sleeping upstairs.

"Beautiful." I want to tell her that she's at the good end of the gene pool, she'll be thankful when she's older.

"True, innit?" Sid as an uncle is absolutely mental to me, but he is amazing at it.

I kiss her on the forehead before sitting down with her at the dining table, jiju is across from me with a proud smile on his face as he looks at his daughter.

"Kaisi hai tu?" I ask her, tickling her on the stomach as she giggles enough for me to melt into a pool on the ground.

"Teaching her Hindi from the start, that's the right way." Sonam di nods her head as she stirs the tea before turning off the gas.

"As if she's going to respond." Sid is taller than the both of us and grabs the mugs from the top cabinet when Sonam di asks for his help.

"She will one day and it'll be better than yours, you Englishman." honestly, we've managed to speak Hindi quite well. We went to India often and picked up shit from Bollywood movies.

"Mine is pretty decent, don't lie." he points his finger in my face playfully before I smack him on the forehead and snatch his phone from the kitchen counter.

"It'll get worse because of your white girlfriend." Sonam di's eyes widen as she looks between the two of us.

"Girlfriend?" she crosses her arms over her chest before turning to Sid, who has the guiltiest smile on his face along with both his arms in the air as he surrenders.

"Her name is May and yeah, that's all you get." Sid mocks blushing and turns on Kal Ho Na Ho to distract the lot of us, he knows his sisters well because Sonam di completely forgot to interrogate him about her.