𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

‧₊˚⋆˙

SEJAL

I have been losing my mind all day about what I'm supposed to wear and what I'm going to say when I meet Sharky's mum. He's been telling me that she's an absolute sweetheart and that I don't have to act any different than I usually do.

Bea puts on the necklace with a singular pearl that goes perfectly with my light blue dress and I tie my hair up into a bun, letting some curls frame the side of my face. Sharky told me his younger sisters might be there and I decided to buy them some presents.

[ I don't know Sharky's mum or sisters names, so I'm just using Somali girl names I found on the internet. I'm sorry, y'all, but stalking is not my thing. ]

I put on some heels and swing a purse on my shoulder before carrying the wrapped presents down the stairs, trying my best not to trip and fall.

Sharky's laughing with Chunkz about something that happened during shoot and I casually pick up the car keys, trying my best to balance everything, "Are we going or not?"

Chunkz laughs at the expression that forms on my boyfriend's face when he finally turns to look at me. He jumps up from his seat and his jaw drops, "Darling, you are stunning. Inshallah."

He takes the boxes out of my hands and Bea tells me that I'll be fine before practically pushing us out of the house. Sharky is holding my hands throughout the drive, not wanting to let go of me. He tells me he loves me a few times in the driveway of his mum's house as I can't help but worry.

"You're respectful, yeah? And you treat me well and I treat you well, right?" he asks and I nod my head in agreement, "Then, there's nothing for you to worry about. All my mum cares is that there is respect in our relationship."

We walk up the steps and he rings the doorbell, laughing at the excitement we can clearly here from inside the house. His youngest sister, Fatiya, jumps into his arms and laughs as he spins her around.

He introduces her to me and I tell her she's got a beautiful name before she asks me for mine, "Sejal," she repeats it and tests it outs, telling me it sounds like a name for a princess.

Sharky grins, taking my hand in his as we follow her to the kitchen. The woman I assume is his mother is cooking it up, it smells amazing.

"Hooyo," his mum turns around and she claps her hands together, pulling him down to give her a hug. Compared to her son, she is very short.

"You're never on time," Sharky turns to me when she says this and gives me a smile, taking this as the perfect opportunity to introduce me.

"Mum, this is Sejal, she's the reason we're on time today. She wears a watch," she nods her head and opens her arms for me to.

"Sharky, I didn't know you were this handsome. She is a beautiful woman," I giggle and Sharky shrugs, rolling his eyes at his mother.

"Thank you, ma'am," she shakes her head at me and gives me a frown.

"You can't call me that, I could be your mother-in-law one day. Mum is fine, when you're ready. For now, Habiba Aunty is good," my eyes widen when she spins back around, mixing some beef with tomatoes for a sauce.

'Mum?' I mouth to Sharky and he nods his head, making sure Habiba Aunty isn't look before pecking me on the lips. I push him away for fear that Fatiya might see, but she's too engrossed by her cartoons.