𝙩𝙚𝙣

‧₊˚⋆˙

warnings;
there may be spoilers for Pretty Little Liars

⎯⎯⎯⎯

SEJAL

There has never been a more relieved sigh to ever escape from my mouth in regards to interior design because it is one of my favorite things in the world, though our latest client has been changing her mind all too much in regards to what she genuinely wants for her son's bedroom.

It has never taken me longer to get a customer to cooperate. As soon as I hit submit on the project, I grinned widely and snuggled my face into the pillows that were stacked on top of each other right behind my head.

Then I was rudely awakened by none other than Sharky almost an hour later because he promised that he would check up on me after he dropped me off this morning.

"Darling?", I heard him on the line and I simply closed my eyes with a small smile on my face, taking a deep breath before formulating a response with my still drowsy brain.

"Hi, Sharks.", I mumble, just hearing him chuckle loudly into my ear until I groan at the sound and he hushes himself, apologizing a bit.

"Sorry, do you want me to come over? Shoot just ended and I want to take a nap too.", I nod before smacking myself on the forehead and realizing that he can't actually see me.

"Yeah, but we're strictly sleeping so I can stay up watching Pretty Little Liars all night.", I've been hooked since Beatriz introduced me to the appeal of seeing chaotic teenagers struggle to inform the fucking authorities that they have a stalker.

"Not Aria and Ezra, he's going to catch a case.", he groans and I can't help but chuckle at his irritation.

We watched some of the episodes right after breakfast and he immediately fell in love with the series, just like me.

He doesn't want to admit that he has a new guilty pleasure. We keep trying to figure out who the fuck A is because it is scaring the absolute shit out of me.

It feels obvious that it would Allison, but I haven't even finished the first season, so what do I know?

Ezra and Aria are the weirdest couple to me. Like they are cute to look at until to have insight into their relationship. It's fucking illegal.

It's one thing to find your teacher attractive, but it's another to act on it. I understand that they didn't know beforehand, but when you see him standing at the front of your classroom— that's where you think and say 'Maybe, this is wrong'.

"Come quick. I'll fall asleep again.", I say and we say goodbye before I scroll through the messages that I received while being on Do Not Disturb.

I haven't gotten the opportunity to tell Sonam Didi or Sidharth that I have a boyfriend, but I decided it would be better to tell them in person because I don't really want Mum to find out just yet.

I love my mum so much, trust me, but she is really nosey. As soon as it slips that I'm in a relationship, she'll want to know everything about it even if it is way too early.

I think the reason is that I got hurt very quickly in my previous relationships and she is the one who had to clean up the mess that was me, she has some sort of anxiety about it now. Rightfully so, but I don't really want her stress right now.

I closed my eyes and fell asleep for about ten minutes when I heard the doorbell. My hair was up in a towel because I washed it during my lunch break, it was getting way too greasy.

It's so thick that it takes my waves almost six hours to fully dry, but that's because I don't usually use the quicker method of a hair dryer.

I open the door before stumbling back when I'm enveloped in a tight hug by a man who is much, much taller than me.

After overcoming the surprise, I smack him on the back as we both laugh and I know my neighbors are going to think I'm crazy.

"What are you doing?", I ask when he pulls away from me, not taking the opportunity to respond to my question before kissing me deeply.

"I was excited, alright?", he shakes his head and I go along with it because I, without a doubt, agree.

He shuts the door behind him and pulls me to my bedroom. He flops down on my mattress in a starfish position before rolling over and opening his arms for me.

"You are so cute.", I shake my head at him as I slowly get on top of him and he smooths down the white cotton that has most likely soaked up a large amount of water.

He takes it off of my hair and gently puts it on my side table which is right next to his head. I sigh in contentment when he starts massaging my scalp, combing through my black locks.

"Go to sleep, my darling.", he says with his soft, soothing voice that is more delicate than the glass containers my mum packed my lunches in throughout my school years.

I shut my eyes and do exactly as he says.

⎯⎯⎯⎯

I can feel lips lightly pressing onto my forehead and something shifts from underneath me. There is a bit of a giggle that escapes my mouth when I slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the darkness that had replaced the slight sunlight that was outside the windows.

"Good morning, sweetheart.", I thank God that my hair is not wet anymore and just enjoy being able to bask in the nonstop attention that I am currently receiving.

"Pretty Little Liars time.", I lean my head back and release loud laughs when I see him sarcastically rolling his eyes, "You love it. I don't want to hear anything out of you."

"Shhh, you can't tell anyone my deepest, darkest secret.", his hands rest around my waist before he finds the remote next to his arm and I shuffle to lay down next to him.

I lay my head on his chest and face the TV hanging off of the wall as Sharky presses on the eighth episode of the first season.

I can feel the excitement radiating off of him as I play with his beard, pecking him on the cheek.

He rubs up and down the back of my neck, twisting on the ends of my hair. I feel like the epitome of bliss as our legs twist around each other.

We gasped and yelled out together. I stood with my feet on the bed as I pointed at the screen and spoke to the characters as if they could truly hear me.

We continuously cracked up at our own jokes and I felt like we were one of those couples that I read about in romance novels.

It's the only actual genre of books that I can thoroughly enjoy without having to listen to any sort of music.

I rushed to the kitchen before warming up some leftover Chinese food and bringing it back to bed where we could eat without having to stop the genuine suspense.

"Do you want to stay the night?", I ask him and he doesn't even hesitate to nod before feeding me some chicken from the takeout box.

"Is that even a question?", I didn't know I'd been missing out on so much until now.

I'm so grateful that I found Sharky because after we finish dinner, I find my insomniac self going to sleep at night.

Again.

‧₊˚⋆˙