𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

‧₊˚⋆˙

warnings; negative body image, insecurities

⎯⎯⎯⎯

SEJAL

Today is Sharky and I's three month anniversary, I woke up with sudden confidence in the morning. I had an awareness that we agreed to go slow and I definitely love this man.

I'm going to tell him.

I stayed the night in his bed and we both little talked in the dark. We were not able to see anything at all, but we were still facing one another.

My arms were still around Sharky, who was on his phone. He was actually checking on the dinner reservations he made for tonight and instantly gave me a bright smile when I groaned in exhaustion.

"Aw, my darling," he whispers, trying to be quiet so my ears don't start hurting so early in the morning. He's so considerate, my sweetheart.

"I have a surprise for you," I tell him, and he furrows his eyebrows in question as I shake my head at him, warning him not to mess with me. He definitely is not listening to me when he gets on top of me and I struggle underneath him while constantly giggling at the weight he is putting on me.

"Tell me. I am your best boyfriend," he says, tickling me and I roll my eyes at him, trying to speak with my loud laughter.

"You're my only boyfriend, you arsehole." I manage to get the words to leave my mouth and he nods at me before pecking my forehead softly.

"I better be," he mutters before getting off of the bed and I look him up and down, waiting for him to come back because of the dangerous look I am giving him.

"Excuse you, Mr. Mohamud." I cross my arms over my chest as I cock my head to the side and he rushes back toward me, pulling me into his tight embrace as a form of apology.

"Sorry, sorry." he helps me get the endless piles of blankets off of me as I follow him to the bathroom and wash my face after tying up my hair in a bun at the top of my head.

"Am I so, so beautiful?" I ask him jokingly and he raises his eyebrows at me in question, waiting for any indication that I am feeling a bit insecure. I just shrug a bit, looking at myself in the mirror.

I turn to the side as I suck in deeply, wanting my stomach to go in. Then I realize that the plan was not successful when I immediately feel the need to get some oxygen in my fucking lungs.

He immediately pulls me toward him, putting my face in his chest as he rubs up and down my back to console me when I feel water pooling in my eyes out of how irritated I am with myself.

He shakes his head at me when I feel tears starting to stream down my face and he tenses a bit when a sob escapes my mouth. I can see how much it hurts him to see me like this because tears are also pooling in his eyes and he has to look away from me to stop himself from crying.

"Sejal, tell me what's wrong." he picks me up and puts me on the counter as I put my hands on my arms, wanting to cover up as I am in a tank top and I feel extremely conscious about the way I look at the moment.

His thumbs wipe away the tears that have collected in my lashes and he pecks me multiple times on the lips.

"I don't feel beautiful right now, it happens sometimes and I can't control it. Sorry, I'm ruining the entire day. I mean, we're supposed to be enjoying our anniversary and you have to deal with—" he attaches his lips to mine when I start blurting out random words in a haze because of how worried I am that I am simply bringing down the entire mood.

"You cannot talk about yourself that way. You are so mesmerizing that I always feel like I am attached to you. And I have had such a fun time being your boyfriend, you are the one for me and I know that because I love you so much, Sejal." he admits, waiting for my reaction while putting his forehead against mine.

"What?" I gasp, leaning back to see his face and actually figure out if he is being serious or not. He looks extremely nervous and looks away from me as I grasp at his chin, making sure he is facing toward me as I inspect his expression.

"I love you more than you'll ever know, Sejal Yadav. You are the most gorgeous woman that has blessed my eyes." he pushes strands of my hair behind my ears.

"I love you." I whisper to him and he gives me a wide-eyed gaze as I continue, "I was going to tell you tonight, but you stole my thunder." I point my finger in his face and he laughs a bit before caressing my cheek with his hand.

"Oh, my God. You're a thief, you know why?" he asks me with a cheeky look on his face and I know he's about to say something either really stupid or super-duper romantic. I wait silently for his response, "Because you stole my fucking heart, darling."

"Ew, I don't love you anymore," I say and he widens his eyes playfully before supporting my body against his as his hands go under my knees and he runs us around the bedroom, "Fine, fine! I love you so fucking much!" I squeal as he pretends to drop me onto the wooden floor.

He's made me feel so much better, not even because of the fact that he said the one thing that I've wanted to hear throughout our entire relationship. I've always hoped that I would fall into a relationship with a man just like Sharky and I'm so fortunate that I got that exact opportunity.

"Good because there is no way that I'm ever letting go of you now." he squashes his nose against mine jokingly when I give him a playfully stern look.

"So you were going to let go of me before all of this?" I put my hands on my hips and he rolls his eyes at me before kissing me on the tip of my nose.

"Nope, never. No, sir. No, ma'am. Uh-uh." he shakes his head from side to side and I can't help, but laugh at his idiocy while smacking him on the shoulder.

"I love you," I say before walking toward my closet to show him the outfit I was going to wear for dinner and he follows me around like a lost puppy dog as he gasps when he sees the dark green dress that I had ironed especially for this occasion.

"I love you more, Mrs. Mohamud." he finds a way to hint at me being his wife and I don't notice until I turn to him with a wide grin on my face as I start laughing, kissing him on the cheek as I try on the dress and he puts his arms around my waist while standing behind me, "Pretty," he mumbles and I just take a deep breath before putting my arms around his.

We will stay like this forever, we just have to.

‧₊˚⋆˙