𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟎𝟏

"HE MAY LOOK NICE. . .

BUT SHANE WALSH IS NEVER THE MAN HE PRETENDS TO BE,"

𝟎𝟎𝟏
𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘴 & 𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘣𝘭𝘦

BEING A FEMALE LAWYER WITH AN ETHNIC BACKGROUND can be difficult at times, especially in a country, that isn't yours. Sometimes, you don't get taken seriously, or even trusted with the case that your given, despite being the best of the best. For Amari Sevra, it was exactly like that. She was twenty-seven years old when she was done with law school, and later began taking clients, who had minor problems against others. She used it as a way to improve herself as an lawyer. The cases weren't too difficult to solve.

Amari may not be American, but she sure as hell has talent when it comes to the laws of this country, because Amari has no family to waste her time with. She had a lot of hours to study as her mother was never there, her father died weeks before her graduation, and the woman never had any siblings or cousins, at least, not anyone she has that much contact with.

And, perhaps, because if those very sad facts, Amari had planned that she was gonna kill herself soon. She had no one to live for, after all. Not anyone that cared, at least.

Though, something stopped her.

A call from somewhere in Atlanta.

She scrunched her brows, feeling annoyed about being interrupted, but answered the phone nevertheless. No reason to ignore people who need help, she reminded herself before pressing 'accept' on the phone she bought just for client purposes.

"Hello? My name is Shane Walsh, and I would like to hire you for an upcoming case," The man on the phone says, his voice sounding distressed as if he had committed something, he shouldn't have, "four men attacked me, and I defended myself, but now they're creating a case, and saying its me who started it," the Shane guy explained, "I am a police officer, and that kind of dirt can't get on my badge, you know?"

Amari thought his words through for a couple of long second before her hand dropped her own mix of pills, answering the awaiting man. "Of course I can help," she smiled ever so slightly, even though it was only her mirror that reflected it, "where can I meet you?" she asked, not caring if he lived on the other side of the country. As long as she got to live a little before continuing her plan.

"Can you come to King County, Atlanta?"

"Shane Walsh?"