𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟎𝟐

"ITS OKAY TO TRUST PEOPLE,

AS LONG AS THEY ARE NOT SHANE WALSH,"

𝟎𝟎𝟐
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥

     RICK GRIMES STEPPED OUTSIDE OF HIS EMPTY HOUSE, sorrow filling his eyes. The man stayed by the steps of his entryway where he only a month prior used to drive his police car home after work. The home where his wife and son used to be waiting for him, but now that place was empty.

     Just four walls and a roof.

     For some reason, it seemed that because of the blur of his tears covering his eyes, Rick suddenly saw things. A man came, dressed in black clothing and limping with spaghetti arms swaying by his side, as if unusable. However, while his thoughts tried processing if that was an actual man or not, another man came out of nowhere, shooting the limping man straight through the skull, causing Rick's eyes to widen. He sat shocked for a second, not noticing the boy with a shovel closing up on him, smacking him by back of his head and down to the cement ground, resulting in Rick receiving a nosebleed.

   It confused him, for a second, as to why he was hit with a goddamn shovel, but then he heard voices talking around him.

"Daddy! Miss Amari!" He heard a little boy call out.

"Hey, mister, what's that bandage for?!" Another appeared, sounding much older, though.

     "W-what?"

"What kind of wound?" The person demanded aggressively, pointing a gun in his face. "You answer me, damn it!" Rick's eyes scanned around the three people staring down at him, sometime meeting, for just a slow moment, with that of the only female in front of him, though his consciousness gave up, and Rick's body started giving up.

       Morgan Jones sighed, withdrawing his gun back under his belt.

     "Let's get him in,"

     Amari scrunched her brows down at the unconscious man below her, mind feeling like she had met or even seen him before. Could she have met him while defending one of her past clients? Maybe he was in the courtroom? A lot of questions marks set into her head, but only when the man opened his eyes a last time, before collapsing to darkness, did she remember who this man was, and what kind of acquaintances she had with him.

     "Rick Grimes?"

_____

     When Rick woke up sometime later in the evening, he felt confused once again. Now, he was in a soft bed with a nice, warm blanket over him. However, he did feel his limps restrained to each corner of the bed. Like ropes, or something. But he didn't understand why he was chained to a bed, the man never having recalled that he did something he shouldn't have.