𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟏𝟏

"THEY ALL HAD IT GOOD,

UNTIL DARYL DIXON CAME BACK INTO THE CAMP,"

𝟎𝟏𝟏
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘹𝘰𝘯

"NO WAY!" Amy exclaimed, shocked to learn that she lost yet another card game. "How do you even do that?!"

"I don't know," Amari replied with a somewhat real smile around her face, "I guess I'm just better than you," she chuckled.

When she woke up at the same time the sun was rising, Amari found Carol Peletier by the lake, washing everyone's clothes. Her daughter, Sophia, was besides her, a flat pillow and thin blanket over her. She didn't want to be besides her dad, but she also needed sleep, and that's why she grabbed her things and lied herself where the grass ended while her mother was by the water, holding her frustrations insides of her like she had always been doing. However, she did put on a friendly smile when she spotted Amari walking towards her, and even began to enjoy the woman's company while they washed the clothes together.

And now, as more people began waking up, Amari found herself playing some kind of game with Amy, who was Andrea's little sister.

"This is so not fair!" Amy exclaimed again. The girl was not used to not getting her wants.

Amari didn't really say anything to that, not really getting Amy's anger against some cards with pictures on. She didn't understand it. It was just that. Cards with pictures on them. She just could not figure out why one could get so irritated by cards. It was just luck when someone won. And if Amy had placed her cards before Amari made her move, she would have won instead. And Amari wouldn't have been on the brink of tears because of that. Never. Well, of course, if there was something way deeper behind those cards, like some random police officer who would have taken me down if i didn't shut my mouth,

"Morning," the voice belonging to Rick suddenly appeared, stopping Amari from thinking too deep into why someone would get upset over a card game.

      And Shane.

      He stopped her from thinking more about Shane.

Instead, she raised a hand, waving it sweetly at Rick and smiling at the man's before he raced off to Carol, who was now ironing the clothes that was dry.

"Good morning," she didn't raise her head when she greeted him.

"Morning," Rick reached her, spotting his clothes on the side of the ironing board, "you washed my clothes?" He questioned, staring down at his sheriff deputy uniform all clean and without Walker blood on it.

"Yeah, with Amari," Carol finally placed the iron upwards, "we did the best we could, but I would prefer my washing machine,"

"That's very kind of you," Rick says, "thank you,"

  "Water's here y'all," Shane's truck suddenly came driving into the camp, the seats being occupied by the water tanks he had filled, "just a reminder to boil it before use," he stepped out of the car, Andrea and Amy being the first to help him getting the liquids out of the car.

     And while Shane and the girls placed the buckets of water over to Dale's place, two children had gone into the open woods without an adult. And that was a stupid mistake, because then they saw a disturbing scene.

     "Mom! Dad!"

     "Mom!"

     Rick immediately dismissed his conversation, sprinting to the sound of his son's voice with Carol and Lori following.

     "Sophia?!"

     "Carl?!"

     The others from the camp reacted quickly by tossing the parents a weapon to use if danger had come, meanwhile Shane grabbed his shotgun, hands loading the loud gun as quickly as he had learned. They reached halfway through from where the children first yelled, however, stopping when Carl and Sophia came running against them.

     "Carl!" Lori immediately hugged her son. "Nothing bit you?" Carl answered a quick no, "nothing scratched you?" again, he shook his head.

"No, I'm okay,"

Sophia ran into her mothers embrace as well, head burying itself into the familiar collar and comforting scent. Carol and Lori stayed with their children all the while the men and other adults checked out what caused the scene, stopping when they reached the sight; a Walker tearing its teeth into an animals throat.

It took the Walker a good thirty seconds before it noticed Rick and the other men, though as it raised itself to try and get them, it was only smashed down to the ground again, Dale, Shane, Glenn, Jim, Rick and Morales beating the thing with their weapons.

    "It's the first one we've had up here," Dale caught his breath after having beheaded the Walker's head with his axe, "they never come this far up the mountain,"

"They're running out of food in the city, that's what," Jim says.

As the men looked around themselves and tried forgetting the horrible smell, leaves were heard rustling from somewhere unknown. Once again, Rick and the others picked up their weapons, but dropped them quickly again when a certain brother came out.

"Oh Jesus. . ."

"Son of bitch," Daryl Dixon comes out, tone annoyed and disappointed, "that's my deer," he stepped closer to the now dead animal, who's body carried both his arrows and the Walkers bite marks on it, "look at it. All gnawed on by this. . ." frustration took over him, and Daryl began kicking the dead body of the Walker, the others watching him quietly and without word.

     "filthy, disease-bearing, motherless, poxy-bastard!"

      "Calm down, son," Dale tried saying, but only got the youngest Dixon right up in his face.

      "What do you know about it, old man?" He first said, "why don't you take that stupid hat and go back to 'On Golden Pond'?" He sighed before retreating back, now staring down at the dead animal. "Think we can cut around it?"

    Shane tilted his head while he rubbed his hands over his mouth in stress and irritation, "Wouldn't risk it,"

       "That's a shame," Daryl started picking up his arrows from the dead deer, "I've got some squirrels,a couple dozen of them, or so. Could cook them up,"

      Before he finished his sentence, the head that was sliced off from its body started making sound, Daryl staring at it with disgust. The man was about to place his arrows back into his bow and shoot the thing through its skull but stopped himself as a woman came first, thrusting a knife into its head while landing on her knees.

       "Remember, it's the brain we have to take out. The body doesn't matter," she stated while standing up from the ground.

      "Yeah," Daryl agreed with her, "don't y'all know nothing?" And then he walked off before any could tell him about his brother still chained to the roof in an overrun city.

      "Anyone told him about Merle yet?"