𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟐𝟏

"SO FUCKING CRAZY,

TOO FUCKING CRAZY,"

𝟎𝟐𝟏𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺

𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺

SHANE'S EYES WIDENED. And then the voice along with the gun in her hand made sound again.

"What the fuck are you doing?"

Sweat trickled down his cheek, along with his arm that lowered the gun pointed at Rick.

"No, no, no, it's not what it seems,"

"What the actual fuck are you doing?" Amari's brown orbs stared, no, glared so fucking hard at Shane's neck that the man sweating bullets, almost felt threatened. Almost. Now, instead of anger that was portrayed so nicely on his face, it warped into that of panic and confusion. But he wasn't actually scared or confused. He just needs to manipulate her. He needs to make her the villain and confuse her little, mentally ill head.

"We heard something, Amari, that's all. I'm just covering Rick's back," the words managed to come out smoothly.

Amari lowered her own gun to her side, but she didn't put it into its holster. She looked at him before her eyes turned to look at their surroundings, silently admiring the green leaves and blue sky. Her mind thought things fully through. There isn't room for mistakes. There isn't room for him. There isn't room for anything regarding Shane Walsh or Amari Sevra.

She sinked her salvia.

He wasn't 'just' doing that.

Her eyes hardened.

He was going to kill Rick.

"You,"     

"Stop making assumptions when you don't even know the situation," Shane interrupted her, scratching his neck at the same time. Then he sighed and looked around the forrest, making sure Rick wasn't in sight. Or near them. Or anything. Shane needed this moment to go smoothly. Very smoothly. So smoothly it would make Amari forget his little murderous ideas about killing his best friend. "Those pills of yours. . . have they ran out yet?" and that made her head snap up to his eyes, confusion covering her own features.

"What?"

"The pills in you bag," Shane stated, feeling a grin close on its way, "they ran out yet?"

Amari scrunched her brows together.

"Why does that matter?"

Shane then chuckled.

"'Why does it matter'?  Because it does matter, Amari," he chuckled, rubbing his hair up and down, "when you don't take your Lithium, you can get crazed out in your head and think that I want to kill my best friend," he made his words seem like the smartest. Like he was the one who was right, and she was wrong, "and you know what? I get it. I had a buddy back in the academy who, quite funny, was just like you. He said he saw things, heard things,anything to gain a bit of attention," he told the false story, which sounded just about real except the fact that it came from him, "eventually though, we found him actually acting crazy. He spread rumors about everyone, spoke to himself, cut himself,you get the idea,"

Amari felt her left hand twitching in annoyance.

"What does that have to do with me?" her words didn't feel as strong as they were when she first approached him.

"Because you're the same," Shane says, "you think I walk around in the woods trying to kill my best friend,"

"but you were trying to kill Rick,"

"my best friend since middle school? You think I'm as crazy as you actually are? Think I'm gonna walk back up to the camp and be like; "Hey, guys! I'm just gonna murder you all!" You think I'm like that?"

Her words started to choke up in her throat.

"No, I, I wouldn't know,"

"You really think that bad about me, Amari? Really? You know how much I sacrificed to keep Lori and Carl and Rick alive? Do you know that?"

"No, I-I don't,"

"Good then this talk is done," that stern, silent-aggressive tone came back to him, "hey, Rick! Come on, man," and as Rick turned back around, completely clueless about the conversation between Shane and Amari, Shane gave Amari a last warning, a last glare before putting on his cap, walking towards Rick and leading him back to the camp. That left Amari alone and thoughtless. Completely dull. Completely still. It wasn't until the older man owning the only van around tapped on her shoulder, bringing her back to reality.

     A breath escaped her mouth.

"You good there, sweetheart?" his calm voice made Amari's mind start to work again, "did Shane say something?" and truth was, Shane said a lot of things. Too many things. So fucking confusing things, that Amari was starting to forget why she was even pointing a gun at him in the first place. She was forgetting that she literally saw him about the pull the trigger against his supposed best friend and kill him in cold blood. But now, in Amari's perspective, she was the rude one, the one who was accusing him of things, that could have been false. She was the one about to rat him out to everyone at the camp, but now, because he knew of her pills and what they did and didn't do, he had the upper-hand.

And that wasn't good.

"No, uh, we just talked about. . . stuff. Y'know, about how we should survive all of this and where to go," she came up Roth the lie.

But Dale wasn't convinced. In fact, he actually did hear the conversation. He heard all of it. But only because Shane was yapping so loud and wasn't conscious about his surrounding that didn't include Rick. However, the thing that made Dale unsure of who to actually trust, was because of those mentioned pills. Lithium. A substance meant to calm those who are upset or sad or angry or anything out of the ordinary. And if Amari actually possessed those pills to calm herself, and possibly other pills,that made her just enough of a threat as Shane was.

But, there was also a part in Dale that told him to listen and trust Amari. To hear what she said when she spoke. To do what she suggests. Because Amari seemed more trustworthy than Shane. Definitely more trustworthy considering how much Shane has tried to order things around if it weren't for everyone going against him and his ideas. Amari, on the other hand, tried to do things way more logically. She thought of others. She cared for others besides a woman and a kid. Amari was just generally a much more likable person than Shane.

If only she wasn't mental, then Shane would have been out of the picture way earlier.

A/N!!!!
so, ive been slacking a bit these last two/three weeks... but only because i have a couple of exams i need to prepare for! but after that, i hope to update a lot more frequently. i really like this story, and to those who comments and votes — extra love to yall !

and happy (late) new years!!