𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟎𝟒

"ITS SAD TO NOT KNOW THINGS THAT ARE SAID ABOUT YOU,

ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAD HOPED THEY DIDNT, TALK ABOUT YOU,"

𝟎𝟎𝟒
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵

HAVING LEFT RICK'S HOUSE, the squad now found themselves entering the police station where Rick had worked, the lights not turning on and hallways completely empty. Abandoned, in other words. Rick and Morgan began checking the rooms for any of signs of the dead, meanwhile Amari made sure Duane was safe. Or at least, felt it. Then soon, they reached the changing rooms. "Gas lines have been down for maybe a month," Morgan stated while staring at the shower heads that turned on after Rick had flipped a switch. He was amazed that it still worked.

"The stations got its own propane system," Rick explained with a hand feeling the fresh, warm water, "pilots still on,"

_____

"Woo-hoo!"

"Oh my lord. . ."

Amari's eyes peaked up by the yelling these males were making. Was it really necessary to exclaim their love for showering? Sure, it had been a little too long, but she would neve—

"-hot water!"

"Feels good, right?!"

Apparently, they do.

_____

"Maybe, they weren't overreacting. . ." Relief washed over Amari by the relaxation of hot water splashing on her dirty skin. The boys weren't exaggerating, but she still found no need to yell out her happiness of showering. Either way, she scrubbed her back with her hands and used a bottle of shampoo that either Rick, Morgan or Duane left behind, and really began scrub her scalp clean. It had been too long since her hair had been washed and left loose, so knowing she could do that for the next few days felt like a nice thing, even if the world looked like shit right now.

_____

"A lot of it has gone missing," Rick opened the storage room with the stations guns and ammunition inside, though feeling disappointed when he saw how most of it was missing. But he quickly dismissed those thoughts, instead grabbing what there was and handed Amari a weapon. "You can take that one," he showed her the Government Model gun before the woman took it, "it suits you, I think," he says, "and it's easier to use than the other guns since it isn't as heavy as the more advanced ones,"