𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟏𝟎

"SAYING THINGS SHE WANTS TO SAY IS TEMPTING, AND SHE PROBABLY SHOULD SAY THEM,

BUT SHE CANT,"

𝟎𝟏𝟎
𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘴 & 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵

"I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW GRATEFUL I AM TO YOU, SHANE," Rick said, looking directly at his friend, whom seemed just a bit nervous a second ago, when the overrun of the hospital, where Rick was in coma,was mentioned. Lori was besides him, curled up by Rick's side while Carl was leaning against his fathers torso, head against the very alive heart.

"I can't express it, really,"

Amari sat more to herself. Straight across from Shane. The woman didn't know if it was her time to speak, or even if she should. It seemed that everyone was talking about their experiences with the whole situation about the world ending and all. And maybe, people were waiting for her to talk about her, about what she had done and seen after all this. Maybe, they were waiting for her to speak about how she helped Rick, or how I knew Shane,

No.

That's not my decision.

Amari's brows scrunched completely down, a frown deep over her feature, her mind fighting itself for a solution to her problems.

Or answers to her questions.

She didn't really fucking know.

Not now, at least.

"Is something wrong there. . . Mari, was it?" Dale asked, making everyone around the fire turn towards the woman who seemed to be glaring at the fire with a mix of anger and confusion in her eyes. Though, when she snapped her head back up and let her expression drop, Amari suddenly felt herself getting embarrassed, feeling like she was being weird in front of the people she would be staying with.

"Oh, no, no," she quickly replied, waving her hands in front of herself while only staring at Dale even though everyone else was staring at her, "and it's Amari, actually," she corrected.

"Oh, sorry about that," he quickly excused, "You seemed to be a little frustrated before. I just had to ask!" The old man laughed off with a big smile on his bearded face. The people around them started to smile, too, only counting out Lori and Shane, who continued to stay quiet and stare at Amari.

And because said woman felt and saw that, she, too, kept quiet.

I feel like those two don't like me too much. . .