𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟏𝟓

"AND THERE HE WAS,

IN ALL GLORY AND SHIT,"

𝟎𝟏𝟓
𝘨𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

    "ONE WRONG MOVE, AND YOU GET AN ARROW IN THE ASS," Daryl says to the skinny boy with a gold chain around his neck. The group found themselves in front of some place close to the city, where this boy showed them the way to whoever took Glenn. A bunch of dudes, the boy had said, it was the brother of Amari, he had kept repeating.

      And each time he did, Amari's own heart never really changed. It didn't get nervous. Or excited. Just curious.

      "G's gonna take that arrow out of my ass, and shove it up yours," the white boy says, "just so you know,"

      "G?" The confusion was well written over Rick.

      "Guillermo," the boy replied, "he's the man here, or, at least the guy everyone listens to," he mumbled off, "Amir's the guy who really pulls the strings around here," he explained.

       "Right," Amari sighed, "let's go see Guillermo and the real 'boss'," she rolled her eyes, scoffing as she did. Amari still had a hard time accepting that the guy everyone listens to, is really her brother. It could have been another Amir. It had to be another Amir. Because the Amir that Amari knows, would never start running a fucking gang out of the blue. No, the Amir that she knew and had grown up with, would definitely try and find a group and survive with them as peacefully as possible.

      But then again, it was the end of the world.

      There was no telling what people would do to keep themselves, or others, alive.

      The group crawled through a little crack in the wall that kept this gang from the outside and danger. The boy walked in the front with Daryl and Amari having their gun and crossbow pointed at his stupid head, while Rick and T-dog was behind them, looking all around for secret spots that anyone could be hiding in.

      They reached a port, and soon after, it opened, revealing a Hispanic man dressed in a open shirt with a tank top under it and loose, dark pants. There were a lot of other people behind him, but not visible because they all stood inside of the building.

      "They're gonna cut off my feet, carnal,"

      The man, supposedly Guillermo, started talking. But not angrily, just towards Rick.

      "Cops do that?"

      "Not him. This puto here," the boy pointed towards Amari, "she cut off some dudes hand, man," he sighed, "she even showed it to me,"

      "Oh, stop being such a little bitch,"

      "Ey, that's those vatos right here!" Another guy came out and interrupted Amari's voice, the man pulling up a gun and pointing it at her with loaded bullets, "and that guy shot me in the ass with a fucking arrow!" He then turned to Daryl.

      But Guillermo didn't seem to get angry.

      "Chill, ese, chill," he just said, "this true?" He looked at Daryl and Amari, shifting his eyes between the two of them.

       "You want Miguelito's feet? That's pretty sick, considering that came out of a woman's mouth,"

      "We were hoping more for a calm discussion," Rick spoke up, his shot gun at 'Miguelito's' back.

       "That psycho jumps Felipe's little cousin, beats on him, threatens to cut off his limbs, Felipe's get an arrow in the ass and you want a calm discussion?" Guillermo put all their wrongs into one sentence, never letting his voice change to what he really felt, "you fascinate me, woman,"

      "What can I say," she rolled her eyes, "heat of the moment," Amari says, shrugging her shoulders, "mistakes were made on both sides, but you're men was the one who started it,"

      Guillermo nodded, not bothering to argue further. "Who's that dude to you anyway? You don't look related," he then asked.

      "He's part of the group," was all she said. It didn't seem like he was really listening, anyway, "probably got few more like him, right? Or is that what Amir runs?" And finally, the possible brother was mentioned.

      "How would you know my guy?" Guillermo questioned, but Miguel, or whatever his names was,answered first.

      "She's Amari, G! She's his sister!" The words just ran out of his mouth like soda trapped inside a Coka Cola can, "it has to be her, G!"

       Now, while Guillermo stood still, while Daryl was glaring at Miguel, While Rick was still a question mark, while T-dog just tried remembering everything that was said, Amari's temper was rising. Not with anger. There wasn't a need for that yet. No, her temper was rising with frustration. And it was frustration for the longing of knowing whether or not, this 'Amir' really is her brother, or just a brother.

       But if it really was him, he would have shown himself a longtime ago,

       "Y'all not done talking yet?"

      And for the first, actual time since Glenn was taken, Amari felt her throat drop all the way down to her gut.

      This Amir is actually my Amir. . .