𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬, 𝟎𝟎𝟕

"SHE WAS GLAD THAT SHE GOT TO MEET THAT PIECE OF SHIT,

BECAUSE IF SHE HADNT, HE WOULD JUST HAVE CONTINUED ON RAMBLING MEANLESS WORDS,"

𝟎𝟎𝟕
𝘯𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘴

     "THESE STREETS AIN'T SAFE IN THIS PART OF TOWN EVER SINCE PEOPLE LIKE HER CAME TO THE COUNTRY," Merle spoke with just as much racism as he did to Amari as he did to T-dog and Morales. Amari chose to ignore his words, knowing they're were meant towards her and other immigrants. Well, partly against those who had committed crimes, but as she was also one, she was counted in on the stereotype, as well.

    But then she got an idea.

     Why not live up to his expectations?

     She pulled out her empty gun, lifting it so it pointed towards Merle before pressing the trigger, scaring Merle.

       She grinned at his reactions before turning around. Leaving Merle on that rooftop with T-dog felt like a relief.

     The group then tried figuring out a plan to escape, the only idea being was to try the sewers, that Jacqui had knowledge about. Glenn and Morales was sent down there while Jacqui stayed by the entrance and Rick, Amari and Andrea went back to the store floor. They could hear the banging of the dead, but looked around the clothing store instead, trying to forget about the dead picking up bricks, smashing it against the fragile glass doors. Andrea also apologized to Rick for cocking her gun in his face, but the man only chuckled, saying she should take the safety off before threatening a trained officer first.

      Amari watched them from a further distance, noticing how the two shared a look. Perhaps friendship was blooming, she wanted to think. But then they all snapped their head towards the dead, who had now broken the outer part of the entrances glass doors, only one left from getting to them.

      "What did you find down there?" Rick immediately asked after seeing Morales, Glenn and Jacqui coming back, though getting disappointed by their answer while the dead continued to bang on the last door holding them alive.

      "We need to find a way. . . soon," Andrea commented with much nervousness behind her voice. A lot less intimidating than when she threatened the police officer, Amari noted. Probably the kind of person to look tough but be as soft as a child. At least, a child who's innocent to the world.

      The group went back up to the roof, desperately trying to figure out a way to get out of this city. T-dog rested on the ground by the wall with shade, while the older Dixon sat parallel to him, hand chained and body out in the hot sun. Amari sent a look towards T-dog, a internal understanding of the way he was treated by Merle. Of course, she wasn't black, but she wasn't white either, which meant that they both have experienced somewhat of the same racist problems, that people like them experience in America, or other white-like countries.