Eighteen

watch the video above/on the side i promise it will make your day so much better:)

-

although summer was fun, luke and michael start college in a couple days. luke is pretty ready, but michael is freaking out.

"luke, what if nobody likes me? they'll all think i'm a freak and won't talk to me," michael whines.

"baby, everybody will love you. and if somebody doesn't like you, don't let it get to you, they aren't worth your time. anyways, people at high school liked you, why wouldn't these people?"

"luke, this is a whole new group of people. you're the only one i will know, and we only have a few classes together," michael explains.

he sighs, lean leans against luke's chest and play with luke's fingers.

~

when michael wakes up the next morning, he realizes that he nor luke have school supplies other than backpacks and laptops.

"lukey," michael whispers, poking his boyfriends face.

"hm?" luke hums.

"lukey, we need to go get supplies for school. we have nothing."

"can you get it? i'll give you
money."

"no, i want you to come with."

"but i don't feel good, baby."

michael was about to ask luke what hurt, but then realized what Luke meant. he wrapped one arm around luke's chest, and uses the other to play with luke's hair.

"'m sorry, baby," michael whispers, planting his lips onto the top of luke's head.

"can we just go shopping tomorrow? i just wanna sleep and cry," luke mutters.

"yeah, of course, lukey. just relax. i'll make breakfast. what do you want to eat?"

"can you make pancakes?" luke asks, "with chocolate chips?"

"i can," michael says, kissing the sad boy.

michael gets out of bed and walks down to the kitchen. he makes the batter, then adds the chocolate chips. michael decides to make mickey mouse pancakes, since they might luke feel a little better. after making a big pancake and two smaller ones, he makes whipped cream eyes and puts chocolate chips on the cream, then a smile made from strawberries. he also makes luke a cup of green tea, then carries the plate and mug upstairs to the bedroom. he sets the mug on luke's nightstand, then the plate, fork and knife on luke's lap.

"thanks, cutie," luke giggles when he see's the mickey mouse pancakes.

the giggle was a good sign to michael, although tears were still streaming down his cheeks. michael runs downstairs and gets his tea and the toast he made himself, then eats on the bed with luke. when the boys are done, michael brings the dishes downstairs and sets them in the sink. he then slips his shoes on and leaves the condo, taking the elevator to the main level and walking down the street to the drug store. he grabs bags of candies, some ice cream, cheesy movies and a pack of cigarettes (for luke, obviously), then pays and leaves.

after getting back to the condo, he dumps the bags contents beside luke, who is laying down and crying with his eyes screwed shut. he opens one, then cracks the smallest smile.

"you didn't have to get all of this, baby," luke smiles.

"i'll do or get anything that'll help you feel better. i hate seeing you this way."

michael gets settled in bed, and luke rests his head in his lap while they watch the terribly funny movies. at one point, the movie is so bad that luke can't help but laugh. he laughs until his stomach hurts, until he can't breathe, until he's crying from laughing so hard. michael's heart starts to melt; luke's laugh is so precious and makes everyone around him happier.

luke pulls michael so that the two boys are now laying down on their side. luke plays with michael's hands while smiling.

"thanks for everything, baby," luke smiles, pecking michael on the nose.

"anything for you, lukey," michael whispers.

-

cute, short filler chapter. first day at school next chapter:)