Twenty Five

-

michael had just woken when he heard the door open and close. he sat up in bed, then heard an all too familiar voice call him.

"princess?"

michael gets out of bed and pads down the stairs. he hides around the corner and covers his naked chest, since he was in his panties. he pokes his head out and sees luke looking around, then michael gets off the bottom step and walks out into luke's view.

luke's heart sinks when he sees his boyfriend; pale, under eye circles, red eyes, cracked lips.

"michael," luke sighs, examining how skinny the smaller boy has gotten.

michael walks closer, then starts crying and leans his head on luke's chest. luke holds the crying boy tightly in his arms. michael balls up luke's jacket in his small hands, tugging slightly on the fabric.

"why w-would you leave m-e?!" michael cries, looking up at luke.

"i told you, baby, i needed a few days," luke explains. "i'm sorry i didn't tell you."

michael just nods and cries a little more, burying his face into luke's shoulder, tears staining the gray fabric. luke runs his fingers through michaels soft hair, and rubbing his back.

after a few minutes, michael wipes his eyes and crosses his arms over his chest.

"you have some explaining to do, mister," michael says.

luke chuckles slightly, then guides michael to the island, where michael watches luke make two cups of coffee, adding vanilla creamer. he hands michael the pink mug, keeping the blue for himself.

"i was just leaving the pharmacy after getting my new prescription, when i decided that i needed more than medicine to help myself feel better. it was kind of a spur of the moment desicion."

michael just stared at luke with a blank expression, sipping his coffee.

"i guess that i was so sick of people and all of my responsibilities that i had to leave them. and my depression has been bad since the, uh, thing."

"even me?" michael whispers.

"no, baby boy, of course not. i hated leaving you the most. i... i just didn't have the heart to tell you i needed a break."

michael nods, stirring his coffee. "i'm still upset with you."

"and you have every right to be. but i missed you so much and i regret leaving."

"i thought that you left me," michael mumbles.

"wait, what?"

"i thought you realized how shitty i am and left."

michael stands up and sits on the couch. luke frowns and follows him, kneeling in front of the smaller boy with tears pooling his eyes.

"mikey, i would never leave you. why would you think that?"

"because... this," michael flusters, pointing to his panties.

luke sets his hand on michaels hip, skimming his thumb over the lace fabric.

"baby, i love you for you. i love your skirts and your cute sweaters and your panties and make up and i love the cute scar above your eye and your tummy and your short legs and your colorful hair and your cute butt."

michael blushes and fiddles with his thumb, trying to avoid luke's gaze.

"baby, look at me," luke says.

michael stares at luke. luke stares at michael. luke picks up the smaller boy and carries him upstairs to the bedroom, setting him down.

"remember when we were at the hotel after graduation and i kissed every part of your body, trying to convince you that you're beautiful?"

michael nods.

"yeah, i'm doing that again. tell me if you're uncomfortable, baby."

luke starts with michael's forehead, then his nose, cheeks, lips (which was a longer kiss than the other spots), chin, neck, etc.. he kisses michael's hip bones, then he kisses the outline of michael's dïck through the panties, causing michael to gasp. luke smirks, then continues down to michaels cute little toes, then all the way back up. as luke did that, he mumbled sweet little nothing's to michael, making michael smile at himself.

luke hovers over him, placing his soft lips onto michaels cracked ones. the two boys kiss passionately for a while. luke pulls back and stares into michaels green eyes.

"i'm so sorry," he whispers.

"it's ok, baby," michael responds. he sets his hand on luke's cheek and pulls him down for another kiss.

~

"baby, 'm hungry," luke whines as the two lay in bed.

"we have food in the fridge, i'm not cooking."

luke huffs, the kisses michael's cheek before getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen, examining the fridge and cabinets before deciding that there is no eatable food and that he'll order a pizza. he calls and places his order, then goes to get a sweatshirt from the bedroom.

he walks in and sees michael stretched out across the bed, fast asleep. luke slips a hoodie on along with some shoes, then shakes michael to wake him up.

"baby, i'm going to get some food, i'll be right back."

michael makes a whining noise, then luke kisses his nose before leaving to get the pizza.

michael was exhausted. while luke was missing, he had hardly slept from the worried feelings that have taken over his body. but now that luke is back, he can stop feeling scared and sleep knowing that luke is safe and okay.

he falls back asleep, then wakes to the door slamming shut and profanities being thrown. michael knows that it's luke, so he puts an oversized sweater on that barely covers his bum and walks downstairs, enjoying the scent of pizza.

the boys snuggle up to each other as they sit on the couch and eat their food and watch tv.

"did you call your parents?" michael asks, wiping sauce off of luke's upper lip.

"yeah, i called them before i came into the house this afternoon," luke nods.

michael crawls into luke's lap, wrapping his arms around luke's broad shoulders.

"i love you, baby boy," luke mumbles onto michael's cheek before scattering kisses all over it.

"love you more, lukey," michael whispers.

-

my ROWYSO concert is in one month a two weeks? I CANT WAIT. but tbh I wish state champs were opening for the U.S. leg bc they're pretty cool.