Two

Eden

I wake later than usual, the sun shining brightly through the large windows in Damien's room signaling we've overslept.

I sit up quickly, shoving him off of me with force. He groans and rolls over, seeming to try to go back to sleep.

"You sleep like the dead. Get up!" I say in a hushed but rushed tone.

"What's wrong?"

"Do you not see how late in the morning it is? Everyone will already be eating breakfast! We will be the only ones missing this morning." My stomach drops at the thought, but I knew the risks of doing this. I have no one to blame but me and my own selfishness.

People will begin talking when they see only Damien and I aren't present, I'm sure of it. I never planned to keep this from Jericho, but I just hope I can be the first one to tell him. I want him to know this was never meant to be kept from him. I'm honest when it comes to such things.

I can't explain why I've done this, but it's too late now.

"You're too worried, no one is going to notice. There are so many damn beings staying in my home currently it would be easy to miss two people who aren't present." He sits up, running one hand through his tousled light brown hair. "And who cares if they do?" He finishes.

"What do you mean? I care. That's why I wait till late to come and I leave early. This is wrong and we both know it."

"And yet you continue to come. I'll admit it's been less lately, but you still come to me, Eden."

"And you continue to let me in." I counter his words. I know what I'm doing is wrong, but so is what he's doing. He could turn me away at any time, he could have never let me in his room in the first place.

He rubs the back of his neck, looking stressed. "Alright, then don't show up again, cause I'm not letting you in, since we both agree this is wrong."

I refuse to show my disappointment at his words, steadying myself mentally. "His voice is louder when I sleep here.."

I look at him when he says nothing. He's leaned back against the headboard of the bed with his eyes closed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know how to explain these dreams.. It's just darkness, and I hear him calling out my name. But the fear the darkness strikes through me.. it's like he's there, just out of reach, some nights I don't dream at all.. some nights he feels closer than others.."

"What do you think it means?" He asks, looking at me again.

"I think he's reaching out to me, and I fear the quieter his voice the weaker he is. I'm worried that he's lost within that darkness, Damien.. I'm worried that I'm dreaming of where Aries sent him."

"And his voice is louder when you sleep with me?" I don't miss the confused hurt look on his face for a second, and it absolutely eats away at me.

"When I do manage to dream when I sleep with you, yes, his voice is louder.." I don't want to have this conversation, I don't know why but it makes my heart feel constricted to admit these things to Damien.

It's verbally putting into words just how much I use his presence to ease my own hurt.

I look away from him, feeling ashamed. "I won't come to you at night any more.. I'm sorry Damien I never should have asked this of you." I try to hide the tremble in my voice as I speak, not wanting my emotions to show through.

Damien gets up from the bed, standing shirtless with his loose sleep pants on, his light golden brown hair tousled and messy from sleeping, his golden eyes still looking heavy from waking only moments ago.