Twelve

Eden

Damien seems to be waiting for me to make the first move, remaining unchanging in his stance across from me.

Alright then.

I dart to the left using my increased speed, and that's all the encouragement Damien needs as he darts alongside me, matching my speed effortlessly.

He wears a smug smile on his face, acting as though he has this practice fight in the bag, but he should know by now after all our training that I am a worthy opponent.

I stop abruptly, sprinting backwards before I twirl around with one hand raised. "Fulgur!"

My lightning magic crackles across the field and barely misses Damien's right arm. "Too slow." He shouts as he turns and blasts flames in my direction with a wave of his hand.

"Don't act too cocky, Damien!"

I summon my magic forward, coating my hands in it, I raise my hand and catch his fire, returning it to him swiftly with a flick of my wrist.

It nails him in the shoulder, causing him to grunt from the impact.

He looks me in the eye as a genuine smile makes its way to his face. Damien and I have always enjoyed our training, he's one of the only men who doesn't take it easy on me, and he's not used to fighting someone so small and agile.

It makes for a fun training session for both of us.

We clash repeatedly on the training grounds, my happiness increasing right along with my adrenaline.

Damien sneaks up behind me, and seems to be only seconds away from getting me when I get him first.

"Imber!" As soon as the word leaves my mouth Damien is being drenched within a small wave of my own making.

Within the same motion I sweep my leg out, taking out both of his legs, in turn making him fall with a loud thud.

I quickly place my hands on him. "Gravitas!" There's no way I could hold him down with my own strength, I've tried and failed that.

Once I figured out I could use gravity magic to hold him down it was a whole new game for me.

I look over and meet Jericho's excited gaze, the huge smile on his face making me feel proud of how strong I've become. I smile back at him before turning to Helath, waiting for him to declare me the winner.

"The first match of the day goes to Eden." His voice rings out, followed by a few "hell yeah's" from the other Reapers, I can hear Jericho's words, "I knew she'd win." His faith in me making my heart swell with emotion.

I look down at Damien, prepared to finally release him, but time seems to slow as my eyes meet his, our close proximity bringing back every emotion I felt while laying within his arms those nights my heart couldn't rest.

I already released him from my spell moments ago, and yet he makes no attempt to move from beneath my hand as his eyes search mine, looking down at my lips longingly. "Eden.." He breathes out softly, his words caressing my face, sending small chills down my spine.

It's that action that reminds me we are not alone, and this isn't right.

My face heats with embarrassment, and I refuse to look in anyone's direction as I stand and calmly walk off of the training grounds, not bothering to explain.

That did not just happen in front of all those damn Reapers and their over observant asses.

I'm through the doors and down the hallway before I hear footsteps quickly approaching from behind. Figures Jericho would have come after me to see what that was all about.