Nine

Jericho

Eden's blue eyes sparkle with excitement as she glances around the large room, and I take the opportunity to admire my mate.

Her beautiful lips are colored a deep red tonight, her dark hair bouncing around her shoulders in loose curls, a deep blue dress shimmers as her body moves, making every curve of hers that much more eye-catching. Her breasts continuously draw my gaze, just the right amount of them being shown. The back of her dress is my favorite part, dipping dangerously low to her plump ass, giving my hands plenty of skin to roam as we sit together at our table awaiting our food.

As my mate stares amazed by our surroundings, I stare amazed by her.

Fuck, there's no way I deserve such a woman, but I'm a selfish man, and I will keep her as long as she will have me.

I smirk to myself.

Maybe not entirely selfish.

She seems to sense my stare as she finally turns away from the large room, smiling at me as her eyes meet mine, refusing to look away despite being caught staring.

"It's beautiful, Jericho."

"Not as beautiful as you, my love."

Her face blushes softly, and I can't help but reach up and caress her lower lip with my thumb, the temptation to kiss her lingers despite all the surrounding people.

"I love the ceiling." She tells me as she looks up to gaze at it again.

Above of us is a dark ceiling coated in tiny crystals, making it appear as though we're beneath a night sky full of sparkling stars. The walls are deep red, the lighting low. Flowing ivory colored curtains adorn each window, impressively stretching almost all the way to the tall magnificent ceiling, each table having its own vase full of fresh moon flowers.

Eden and I are sat towards the back of the room, giving us a grand view of the entire place.

I swear that woman senses the food approaching faster than I do as she looks to our right, a large smile spreading across her face as our meal makes its way to our table.

Fuck I love this woman.

The waiter sets Eden's plate down in front of her before turning and setting mine down, as well. "Thank you." Eden says to him with a smile.

He dips his head slightly, smiling politely back at her. "The pleasure is all mine." He says as his eyes dip down, lingering on her cleavage.

"You may leave now, before my woman's breasts are the last thing you see." I say evenly.

He stands up straight, his back rigid as his eyes dart to mine. "I apologize, I meant no disrespect."

"I said, leave." I growl out, not wanting this little shit anywhere near Eden for even a second longer. Anyone who feels comfortable enough to lustfully look at my woman with me present will regret making such a bold action.

Disrespectful.

He nods his head and darts away from our table and out of view before my anger can grow any further.

Edens hand finds mine suddenly, intertwining our fingers, calming my inner darkness. My eyes meet hers as she smiles softly at me.

"Let's eat? The food smells delicious."

I smile back at her, enjoying the way she tries to redirect the mood into something lighter again.

"It does," I say to her, "almost as delicious as you."