Eighteen

Eden

"Is everyone ready to head out?" Jericho's voice startles me from behind, I turn around to face him, a small grin appearing on his face as our eyes meet.

"Actually I can't find Kiana anywhere." I say with a half hearted smile that doesn't quite reach my eyes.

Jericho's expression changes into one of concern. "Maybe she needed to step away to use the restroom?" He questions.

"I've waited around thinking that could be it, but she's been gone too long, everything has already been packed up and we're ready to leave, and she hasn't been seen since sunrise at breakfast." I state, worry creeping into my voice.

Where the hell are you, Kiana? This isn't like you..

Jericho dips his chin once before looking around the area, waving at Damien and Talon to come join us. "Eden can't seem to find Kiana, we need to locate her before moving out."

Damien and Talon look at each other, and then us. "Actually, we can't find Ciaran, either." Damien informs us.

I don't like this..

"They didn't say anything to anyone? No one saw where they went?" Damien shakes his head at Jericho. "No one's seen Ciaran at all today, and no one's seen Kiana since breakfast."

"I don't like this, it isn't like Kiana to vanish without a word." My eyes scan the nearby trees, hoping to see her pop out, but there's nothing.

"Let's spread out and look for them." Damien suggests.

We all nod in agreement before parting ways in search Kiana and Ciaran.

They couldn't have gotten far.. What would compel them to up and leave? Did Ciaran..? No.. He wouldn't have taken Kiana against her will.. Would he?

My heart begins beating faster as panic start to set in as I search and still come up empty handed.

I need to go back and get Azar, I'll be able to look for them from above..

I turn and begin making my way back towards the others, when a muffled cry draws my attention to a nearby rock formation.

I inch closer, my heart feeling like it's in my throat. I haven't heard anything since the small sound, and I'm beginning to wonder if I had simply imagined it.

Until I round the corner, a surprised shriek leaving my lips, alerting anyone close by.

Kiana is bent over a small boulder, completely naked, as a just as bare Ciaran thrusts into her repeatedly.

Though Ciaran stops abruptly upon hearing my scream of horror.

"Eden! Oh my goddess, what are you fucking doing out here?!" Kiana yells as she gathers her clothes that are tossed on the ground by her feet.

I turn around, at a loss for words for a moment. "We were supposed to head out an hour ago! You should have known we'd some looking. What were you two thinking?"

"I was thinking I was gonna take my damn time with this beautiful goddess." Ciaran's voice drawls out.

"Stop, Ciaran. Eden's right, we shouldn't have snuck off for so long." Kiana mumbles, her voice growing closer.

"It's okay, we're dressed now." She reassures me.

"Nope. I can't look at you right now, the trauma is still too fresh." I state as I begin walking back again.

"So dramatic." Kiana grumbles as she follows me back, Ciaran right by her side, holding her hand.

Kiana and Ciaran? I never would have thought those two of all would hit it off.. Ciaran is an immature ass, and Kiana is so mature and levelheaded.