Ten

Damien

"Had I known this is what you were up to I'd be asleep right now." I grumble out annoyed.

He wouldn't give me specifics, and I shouldn't have agreed to come until he had. He knew more than he let on when we spoke earlier as he got ready for he and Eden's date.

"I don't see what the problem is." Jericho insists.

"Because once you returned I wanted to put everything that happened between me and Eden behind me. Now you're bringing it up again, not just that either, you're bringing Persephone into this mess."

"If Damien isn't okay with proceeding, I can't agree to do this, I hope you understand, Jericho." Persephone says softly to him.

"Then we're not doing this, because I'm not okay with it." I state.

Jericho looks at me bitterly, anger clearly burning within his eyes. "You don't even want to see what it could mean?"

"No."

"This isn't just about you, Damien, this is about Eden, too."

Of course it is, he wouldn't be so determined otherwise.

I can feel my anger towards Jericho growing, not liking the position he's put me in.

"If it's nothing, then you can rest easier at night, right?" He tries to convince me.

"But what if it is something?" I challenge him.

He smiles darkly at me, increasing my anger towards him. "Only one way to find out."

"You're a real douchebag, Jericho."

I turn away from him and look at Persephone. "Let's just get this over with." I huff out as I take the seat to her right on the couch, Jericho follows, taking a spot to her left.

"If you are sure, then let's begin." She says in a calming tone.

She grabs Jericho's hand in one of hers, then mine in the other. "Let's see what we find hidden in the depths of your souls, shall we?"

Me and Jericho both nod in agreement. Just then I see her eyes begin to fade, her soul searching for what others cannot.

Everything becomes dark, my world feeling like it's spinning uncontrollably, I no longer know which way is up or down as I'm plunged into the darkness of my own soul.

Searching for the answers that may be hidden within.

It feels sickening as I sense Jericho and Persephone's souls searching mine, digging within its depths.

Something within me stirs, causing my entire being to feel as though it's coursing with pure energy and light, feeling as though it shines so brightly no darkness is left within myself.

In an instant my world becomes whole again as I'm brought back to consciousness inside the small study with Persephone and Jericho.

I don't have time to look at either of them as I try to stand up, only to fall to my knees on the ground as my stomach empties itself entirely on the floor.

Though I can't see Jericho as I continue to dry heave, I can hear he's not fairing much better than I did upon the return from our soul searching.

"You boys are cleaning this up, I'll not make my maids clean up your vomit just because you can't handle a little spirit work." Persephone informs us both.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, already thinking about the shower I plan to take once I return to my room.

But that will wait.