Twenty

Eden

"I've come to tell you, you're an absolute idiot." She says in her sweet voice.

"Excuse me?" I dig my fingernails into the palms of my hands, trying to keep myself from tearing into Hades daughter.

"I'm a Seer, Eden. You think I haven't seen what you've planned? What you're hiding?" Melinoe speaks quietly, trying not to be heard.

My mood changes once I realize what she's saying.

She knows I plan to take Aries place.

"Why haven't you run off and told anyone?" And then it crosses my mind, she already could have..

"Why would I do that? I'm here to tell you what you're doing is stupid, not to rat you out to your mates."

"Follow me." I instruct as I turn and continue to my room, not wanting to have this discussion out where we could be seen or heard.

Melinoe follows me through the doors, closing them behind her.

"So, what have you come to do? Try to convince me to not go through with it?" I ask as I make my way to the bathroom, needing to get clean.

"I know of your child, Eden. I've seen them.. You can't do this alone."

My heart stills at her words. Followed by a rush of jealousy.

How has she already seen visions of my child?

"This doesn't concern you, Melinoe." I start the bath as she makes her way over to the mirror above the sink, smoothing her hair down with her hands.

"It may not concern me.. But Eden, you're being irrational. You have your mates who can help you, why won't you go to them?"

"I know they'll stop me if they find out."

"Of course they'll stop you! Are you insane?! You can't do this alone, Eden!" Actual tears begin to trail down her beautiful face, the tip of her nose turning red.

"Why do you care so much?" I ask quietly.

She wipes her face with the back of her hand before meeting my eyes again.

"Because I see so many futures, Eden. And it hurts, some of them are so beautiful.. But others.. Others are full of so much pain and suffering.. And I can't even tell you, don't you understand? I can't interfere with the fates like that."

"I don't understand, Melinoe.."

"Let me help you, Eden."

I turn away from her and shut off the bath, the thought of the warm water no longer appealing to me.

"Theia came to see me."

I hear her gasp and turn back to face her wide eyes. "What do you mean?"

"She's chosen me for this, Melinoe. I have something tucked away that no one knows about."

"She's chosen you to save her daughter's filthy soul is what she's done!" She shouts at me angrily.

"We're done here if you have no answers to give me, if you can't tell me why, then get out."

"Just.. let me help you, I can help you if you'll let me."

"I don't know, Melinoe. I've been planning to do this on my own for a while now."

"Damnit, you stubborn hard headed witch.." She grumbles.

"What did you just call my mate?"

Me and Melinoe both jump at the same time, looking in the direction Jericho's voice just came from.