Chapter 52: Second chances?

'Everyone deserves a
                               second chance'
                                 ~Lorenzo~

Past

'Ari..open the door dear' says Arena knocking on her room door. She knocked twice but there was no response from her side. So Arena got scared and went to Christian.

'Christian, Arlyn is not opening the door. Neither is answering my calls. I am scared that she has done something. Please do something' says Arena
'Let me check' say's Christian and they both went to her room; standing out. Christian knocked the door to but there was no response again.
'Break it. Just break the door' says Arena
And Christian kicks the door 2-3 times and broke it; they went inside and found that Arlyn was lying on the floor, full of blood.
'Arlyn..Arlyn' calls out Arena..but she didn't answer.
'Christian' says Arena
'Call the doctor' orders Christian and holds Arlyn in his arms, while Arena calls their family doctor. He took and kept her on the bed..doctor checked upon her for hours, while they were waiting out for the results.

30 minutes later
'Is she safe now?' asks Arena hesitantly.
'She is out of danger now. It was an attempt of suicide; she cut her wrist but we saved her on time, but due to loss of blood, we have to keep her under observation for a few hours. We have injected her with sleeping pills so she can take test' says the doctor and continues 'I shall go now, if any emergency then give me a call' says the doctor and goes.
While both of them stayed in Arlyn's room until she woke up,
'Mom..' says Arlyn rubbing her eyes. She was about to get up from the bed, but Arena stops her 'don't get up. Take rest' say's Arena and she lays herself on the bed again.
'Go out of the room, Arena' say's Christian
'But..' Christian doesn't let her finish her sentence and 'I said go out, I want to talk to her' say's Christian and she goes. Christian goes at the other side of the bed and sits beside Arlyn. She turned herself towards him, to look at him.
'Did I raise you in such a way that one day you want to give up on your life?' asks Christian

'You attempt for suicide just for a mere love of yours..who didn't even find worthy enough to keep you with him. He threw you out of his heart, house and his life. Accept the fact that he is no longer in your life Arlyn. It's been six month now, he's gone and now it's time for you to move on too..concentrate on other things dear. Forget about Lorenzo, he was nothing to you. The moment he came in your life, he just wished for your destruction and he did destroy you in a way you had never thought. He never loved you or cared for you, my precious daughter. He was not even worthy to be your husband, but you married him against my will..you saw the impact. It turned out as I said, and maybe that was necessary for you to understand that never trust anyone blindly..you need to walk on a right path now; the path I chose for you. You need to fight for power..so much power, for the THRONE, his throne. You have to kill him Ari..only that can bury your feelings for him and I want you to bury him down too!' say's Christian
'I am sorry, I disappointed you in a lot of ways, dad' says Arlyn
'You did and I am glad you accept it. Because you my daughter, Arlyn. You are Arlyn Capone, not Arlyn O'Dare. You are strong. I made you strong, so come on get up and be the one I wished you to be' say's Christian and she hugs him immediately. He got her close to his arms..she cried her heart out, today. Cried for hours in his arms..realising her mistakes and decided to never give upon herself ever again!

Present
My past memory suddenly hits me. The day I tried to suicide, to give upon my life for a man who really never cared for me ever. The man who just faked up everything, and what am I doing..still hoping somewhere in my heart for him to love me back, the way I did. The way I worshiped for my love, for our bond to get stronger but everything happened opposite, you broke me too hard..you broke every piece of my heart..never letting me to join them ever again..why Lorenzo? Even though I want to mend in your path, to compete with your for you Throne; to snatch it away from you. What is the point of that power which will never lead me to you..but in return just give me the power to hold many people under me, keeping them under me, just to rule them? What is the point of ruling others anyhow? Just to conquer a name for myself in the underworld? What is the point of it, but I am just doing this to see happiness on my dad's face for once. For him to be proud of me for once in his life. He must have not have expressed him love too much for me and I agree he did many mistakes but at the end of the day, he is my father and I crave for his love too. So yes I want that Throne for my father's happiness!

As I came out of my thought, I got ready and went down to hear Lorenzo's decision for Catalina. I hope he forgives her and not let her go; because at least someone deserves true happiness and I don't want her to leave her profession and go, because of me. I cannot have more guilts on me.

In the hall
While everyone one was present down, Catalina was down with her bags, giving her goodbyes to everyone. Arlyn was waiting for Lorenzo's arrival, and he finally came, walking down the stairs. Arlyn and Catalina stared at Lorenzo for a moment and then Catalina not wanting to face him; she hold the top of her suitcases and walked till the door, when Lorenzo stopped her.
'Wait Catalina' he said taking a pause he continued. 'You are not going anywhere' says Lorenzo. The moment Lorenzo said that, she turned around and looked at him in confusion.
'Yes you heard it right. I have changed my decision and I am not sending you to France. You are going to stay here only and be the gang's hacker' says Lorenzo   and she walks towards him with a smiling face on her lips.
'Thanks. Thank you so much, boss. For giving me a second chance' says Catalina
'But on a condition I will let you stay' say's Lorenzo
'And that is?' asks Catalina
'You will bury your feelings for me. I don't want to give other a wrong impression of you, neither of me' say's Lorenzo. Everyone was a little shocked hearing that. But 'Sure, I will try boss. And I will not repeat this mistake ever again' say's Catalina
'That's good. Welcome back' says Lorenzo
'Thanks!' say's Catalina and Lorenzo goes from there. While Lorenzo was walking out, stopped at the parking; Arlyn came running behind him.
'Wait..' says Arlyn, putting her hands on her knees, taking deep breaths.
'You changed..you changed your decision, why?' asks  Arlyn
'I thought about what you said and you were right, she deserved a second chance' says Lorenzo

Don't we deserve a second chance then? What did I do to never deserve a second chance?

'Thanks!' say's Arlyn
'Why are you thanking me? It's not like I did any benefit to you' say's Lorenzo
'Still..I liked the fact that you gave importance to what I said' says Arlyn
'I always did' says Lorenzo and sat in the car.

Liar, if you would have given importance to what I said, then we would have never been in this state. At the state of hating each other

So here it is,
Lorenzo gave Catalina a second chance.
Arlyn wants to conquer Lorenzo's throne for her father happiness! Will she go till the extent to kill Lorenzo for it? What do you guys think of this chapter? Comment down your thoughts below, like and follow up my page for more updates!!
RR Creations ❤️