Chapter 63: Our anniversary

'What is it Mom?' asked Arlyn, when she saw that there were all the gang members present, along with Lorenzo and her mom.

'I am so sorry, but I had to do it because he wanted to make things right with you' Mom exclaimed.

She saw that Lorenzo was holding a cake in his hand and started to sing the "Happy Anniversary" song to her. It was shocking for her to see it, and she wondered why is he doing all this now, while continuing the song, he walked towards her and,
'Happy Anniversary Arlyn' he said kissing her forehead.

She came close to him, whispering in his ear,
'What is this? Why are you doing all this?'

'I want to make things right with you now, Arlyn. I have realised my mistakes, forgive me by cutting the cake'

She looked at him with confused eyes, not able to believe what he just said to her. He wants her to forgive him for all things? He broke her heart 3 years ago, threw her out of his home, her unborn baby died because of him, she attempted suicide because of him, and she was left with nothing, all because of him. How can she forgive him for all those things that she still cannot forget herself, which still scares her to not trust anyone? How can she forgive him?

'Cut the cake' said Lorenzo and she got a little emotional, controlling her emotions, she took the knife, and was about to cut the cake but it was all flashing in front of her eyes, all the things of past which broke her and she was done here, she couldn't do it anymore.

'I.I cannot pretend anymore' said Arlyn and ran upstairs. While everyone was shocked by it, wondering why Arlyn simply ran away from there. Lorenzo kept the cake on the table and went upstairs to check on her. He went to their room, but she wasn't there. After searching a lot, he found her, she was on the terrace, her knees close to her, she was crying, he came beside her sitting down on the floor.

'What happened?' he asked but she didn't bother to reply.

'Don't cry please, I can't see you like this anymore'

'What if I say you are the reason behind all my tears'

'What did I do Arlyn, to deserve so much hate from you? I don't want to hurt you nor I want to see you in pain. I want you by my side, in my arms, close to me, happy with me, being the reason for every smile on my face'

'You ask why I hate you so much? Because I have hundreds of reasons to hate you, to stay away from you, to never see you again in my life, to turn my back on you'

'I have all day to hear hundreds of reasons you say, just tell them and finish it off, remove all your hatred for me today and I promise to not say a word against it, today. I will just hear from you today'

'Today, along with you, our unborn child left me too'

'W..wh..what?'

'Yes I won't keep it anymore in me, I was pregnant 3 years ago, and that was my surprise to you for our first anniversary. I found out that I was pregnant a day before our anniversary and I decided to surprise you. Mom and Helena knew about it, I told them to not tell you because I wanted to tell you, I wanted to capture your reaction when you hear about my pregnancy, I wanted to see your happiness when you hear the good news, but before I could tell, you threw a bomb on me, you told me you slept with me only because your men, your supporters wanted you to have an heir, to secure their future king, tell me how would it have affected me, I was hurt hearing that, you broke me that day. You told me things I never expected from you. You asked for divorce Lorenzo. How could you do that? How..? Why?
I was 4 weeks pregnant Lorenzo. I lost you, our baby and everything that day, I wanted to end my life after it, I didn't want to live anymore, all the reason for me to stay alive was gone away from me...I hated myself for loving you, everyone told me to stay away from you, but I was stubborn and I chose you, I wish I had chosen what was right for me, I wish I had thought about my future without you in it, I wish I had listened to them'

'Wh..ho..how? What happened at the party night after you left?'

'Oh, you still have the courage to ask that. Fine I will tell you. I was angry, emotional, and crying, I was in shock at the actions you did, after I left, I sat in the car and I didn't know where to go, so I just drove, drove and drove until a car hit mine, and all I remember before closing my eyes was that I was still in the car, unable to move and no one was around to help me and that's when I felt unconscious! Hours later I woke up in a hospital, opened my eyes, and found my mom and doctor around me, I instantly started to worry about what happened to my baby. Is it safe or not, I asked the doctor and she told me that I had a miscarriage, my baby died and I died with it too. She told me that I couldn't be a mother ever again, and that hit me. All in my life I wanted was to be happy and that day I lost everything. And here you wanted me to celebrate our anniversary. How could I, when I lost two precious things of mine today, all because of you Lorenzo' she said sobbing, and continued

'You took everything from me, you threw me in a place from which I can never come out, I cannot find a way out for myself anymore, I couldn't even recognise myself anymore, all because of you'
She shouted at him, almost pushing her away from him, she started hitting his chest, demanding answers,

'Tell me why did you do that to me? Why did you leave me?' she started crying again

'Ar..Arlyn. I..am sorry. I didn't know that you had gone through so much, all alone. Why didn't you ever call and tell me about it in all these years?'

'How could I? Why would I even? To embarrass myself even more in front of you? I didn't even know where were you? You just left that night or I should say you ran away like a coward?!'

'Have you ever tried to find out who attacked? Who did the accident?

'No. What was the point in finding the culprit when I wanted to blame you for everything'

'When I asked you earlier, were you ever pregnant? Why did you lie about it then?'

'Why wouldn't I? Were you ever ready to listen to my side of the story? Were you ever ready to listen to all the things that happened to me after you left? No, you know why I lied? Because I knew it wouldn't affect you at all because you lost nothing in it'

'That's not true, I lost our baby too..and it hurts me too, Arlyn. I also wanted to be a father and It still hurts me to know the fact that you can't be a mother, I can't see you in pain. I don't want to hurt you anymore'

'You already did, years ago'

'You did nothing to protect me, not today neither in past. Not until you walked away did I realise I was a pun in your undefined game'

'That's not true, you were never a game for me. My feelings for you were always true, I cared for you, believe me'

'Stop lying, fucking stop lying for once in your life. When I can believe that everything was a lie then why can't you? It's okay, you don't have to explain yourself, because I was the one who was addicted to you, not you're

'Arly..'

'Maybe it was best for you to give up on us or maybe it was a plot all along to make me, then break me but whichever way it is, I think you made your point'

'No don't away me from yourself, I want us to be together again'

'Not possible at all Lorenzo. You don't know what you are asking for it, even if I want to, I can't say yes, because I am not ready for another heartbreak, please leave me alone'

'I can't, I can't let you go again'

'You have to let me go. You have to let me go. I want you to do that for me'

'No don't ask for something I can't give you. I can't distance myself from you ever again, it hurts to be away from you, let us be together again, please'

'How do you expect me to do that, I just cannot rebuild my feelings for you, to forget everything that happened in the past, I am sorry but I am not the kind that can let go off everything' she said and he left from there, because he couldn't listen to more of her allegations now. He knew it was his fault and she had every right to blame him for destroying her life, but now when he wants to correct his mistakes, but it's too late for it too..!!

So here it is,
The secret of Arlyn's pregnancy is in front of Lorenzo now.
Her allegations have broken him too, even if they want to be together they can't be. They are not ready for anything at the moment. Arlyn has let all her feelings out today, in front of him.
What do you guys think will happen next? Comment down your thoughts below, like and follow up my page for more updates!!
RR Creations ❤️