Chapter 64: All the heartbreaks?!

Cason's house

'Boss? You came here, any work? You should have given me a call, I would have come myself. You should've bothered yourself' says Cason

'Can I come in?' asks Lorenzo

'Yes boss, you don't need my permission to come in. You can come here whenever you wish' says Cason and they sit down on the couch.

'What happened boss? You look stressed?'

'I came to know everything that happened to her, Cason. She suffered a lot because of me, exactly on this day, 3 years ago she was pregnant. Arlyn was pregnant, I could have been a father, Cason, but all the hopes are gone now. She couldn't conceive anymore, because of me'

'Boss let it go, that was in past. You have moved on after all'

'No I didn't. I could never move on from her. I fucking can't help myself, I want to be so close to her that I could never let go off that hands I did 3 years ago. Cason what was my mistake? Was it that I wanted to protect the woman I loved so much? Was that my mistake, that I chose the hardest way?'

'Boss, the way you let her go, you humiliated her in front of the whole world. You method of conduct was wrong from the beginning'

'Why didn't you tell me about it 3 years ago when I told you about my plan?'

'Boss I could never doubt your decisions.
You were right back then and you are right at the moment'

'No, I am not Cason. She thinks that I did nothing to protect her, not now, not in past. How could she think like that?' He began to ask with his trembling hands.

'I wish I could tell her the truth behind why I left her, I wanted to shout and tell her everything, that now I don't care about the number of enemies behind us, all I want is to be with you, that I still love you. I love her so much, I love her so much, Cason, move than she ever did. I wanted to tell her that letting her go 3 years ago was the biggest mistake of my life and that will be the biggest regret of my life' He said, voice going below than a whisper, blurring his vision.

'I shouldn't have done that to her, I broke her too much' He repeated controlling his tears.

'Boss, what done is done. Now you should forget about it and move on, presently you are in a position where the whole world looks after your actions, if you keep breaking yourself because of her, you will completely lose yourself while healing her'

'This is pain that I am feeling now, it didn't even pain much when I left her, so why is it hurting so much now? Why are her words poking my heart now? The fact that she lost our baby because of me hurts the most, it makes me realise how much of a loser I am

'You are anything but a loser, boss'

'You have gone too far now, you can't change anything now, boss. You can't go back and changes your past mistakes'

'I wish I could' He said and a tear rolled down his cheek.He wanted to cry but he didn't. He kept himself strong.

'I did what I promised myself, I let her go in a way I could never have her back in my life. I ripped myself out of her heart. I let her to move on from me, I kept my distance from her so that she could stay alive, from all the danger she was having because of being in my life'

'And you fulfilled the promise you made to your mother, you let her go'

'I let her go' He nodded again

'What will you do now?'

'I don't know. Tell me what should I do now, Cason? I don't feel anymore, that I am a part of this world, I cannot be the king of the underworld anymore. I don't belong here Cason, what people say has been proven true, today. I cannot be part of such a cruel world where I am losing my loved ones one by one, where I cannot stay closer to my loved ones, having them always as a target of my enemies, I can't risk their lives anymore'