Chapter 8

VI

Crystal Palace

Empress' Residence

    'Penelope' the family thought as they saw which residence they were looking at.

"Your Highness! —" Emily's cheerful voice resonated within her officiate as the girl entered with the tray of breakfast in her hands.

    'Emily?' Penelope thought as she saw the girl on the screen.

    Emily was happy to see that she was with her lady in that universe. The rest of the family were happy to see that Penelope's maid was there with her.

When she was leaving the Eckart mansion, Penelope remembered Emily being practically devastated on the idea of being separated from her ( how ironic. ) and after weeks of her whimpering and constantly requesting to join, Penelope finally had agreed to take the girl along and appointed Emily as her personal maid in the Obelian palace. After all, despite her previous actions, Emily was still a resourceful and clever girl.

    Emily was happy that her lady was praising her and took her with her. She couldn't be more happy than being her lady's maid.

    Penelope was delighted with Emily's loyalty and usefulness.

    The family was happy that Penelope had someone trustworthy and guilty because if they paid more attention they would notice her suffering. No, they did notice they just turned blind eyed.

Two busy months had passed in a blink of an eye within the Obelian palace; the wedding now seemed like nothing but a faint dream one has upon dozing one afternoon after reading a book.

    'So we are doing time skip, huh' thought Penelope, not really knowing what to feel about the situation. The family looked at the screen in bewilder on how much time Penelope was there. Emily hoped that her lady was happy there.

Ever since her last meeting with the Emperor, Penelope had taken on her duties as the Empress fairly quick enough. Although she wasn't participating in the social circles yet, (heavens knew she needed more time until dealing with more women) she had taken up on the finance and management of the royal palace within a week. She had also visited the magic tower once before, having demanded the refreshed stats of the students who enrolled in the university this year.

    To say they were expecting Penelope to not do anything there for a couple of months would be unreasonable. For they know enough to know that Penelope is a workaholic, that or she doesn't know how to relax.

She had also built a small personal library in her own office, keeping records of every small council meeting there safe. Emily had been quite helpful all this time — making sure Penelope didn't think she accepted her request for naught. She gathered all possible information on the royal family and the social circle from the servants and made sure to report Penelope every day. Lets say, Penelope was more than glad she'd agreed to bring her along.

    Emily was delighted that her lady found her helpful and was determined to work hard. The family was satisfied with Penelope's decision to bring Emily.

The Empress spent her time — which wasn't used working — exploring the various parts of the palace. The staff informed her princess Athanasia, her stepdaughter, lived in the ruby palace — and that his majesty often had tea with her.

    The family expect Penelope, Emily; wonder how she was going to treat the little girl. Penelope looked at them 'so they think I would harm a child, I'm not like them.' think as if she could read their minds. Emily thought her lady was going to be socially awkward with the princess at first.