Chapter 9

VII

[ έκπληξη ]

Surprise

Ruby Palace

Night: 08:45 + PM

Pov: Athanasia

    "So we are reacting to the Princess point of view now?" Penelope stated.

    "Yes, Penelope," Estella responded as she started the scene.

HOW PECULIAR — ever since Lily had returned from the Empress' Palace, she couldn't stop smiling, and was acting very weird. She wouldn't let Athanasia get anywhere near the garden, and kept her trapped in the recreation room. Not just that, she had also dressed Athanasia very beautifully.

    Penelope and Emily realized what they were doing and smiled inside. The rest of the family was still confused a bit.

Haa ... sighing, Athanasia plopped down on a big fluffy cushion placed on the floor. What was the point of dressing up? Her birthday wasn't really celebrated after all.

    Emily and the Eckart family except Penelope were taken back on how she speaks like an adult in her mind but acts like a child around others. Penelope on the other hand was wondering if the child was also a reincarnated like her.

And Athy didn't really mind it, after all it wasn't like she always did something special on her birthdays. {Even in her previous life, birthdays never really mattered to begin with. She was too broke to actually spend anything on herself, neither did she have a family.} So it wasn't exactly a big deal.

    "Um...Miss Estella, why are we not able to see or hear some words on the thing?" asked emily. The question they had in mind but didn't say anything.

    "Well Emily, it's information that you don't need to worry about." stated Estella firmly "now let's continue"

    They said nothing and did as they were told in fear they would anger her.

But the small gestures of the maids itself were enough for the girl. It was more than anything anyone had done for her in the past and she was happy.

    Penelope started to dislike the Emperor for treating his only daughter like that, no matter how much u grieve. That child's mother gave birth to the proof of their love.

From the door left slightly ajar, she could hear the other maids excitedly whispering to themselves, mentioning the new Empress more often than not.

    Penelope sighed knowing what that paranoid child is probably thinking. The rest just watch to see how things go.

The new Empress, as Athanasia had expected, kept to herself. At first the Princess had decided to charm her just as she had done with all the Royal Palace's staff, but when arriving in the Inca Empire — the rumors about the Eckart Princess being a wicked woman scared her. To add to that, when faced with her father's bride Athanasia coupon't help but feel the rumors were true.

    Penelope let out a heartbroken sigh as she looked at the screen blankly but inside she was destroyed by the statement. Emily was having internal conflict on whether she should giggle quietly or confort her lady. Reynold broke into laughter as he heard that. Derrick remained unfazed and the Duke just sighed.

She'd smiled at the older woman to wish her luck (along with her brother, sir Reynold ) and she didn't even smile back! She looked cold, and distant. Not to mention her presence wasn't one of a friendly person either; Penelope Eckart was an intimidating figure who seemed to have a wall of ice surrounding her.