Chapter 4

II Obelia

(Emperor's Palace) in the afternoon

(Pov: Claude De Alger Obelia)

   'So we are going to see the emperor side ' most of them thought

   'I'm so tired of this shit' thought Penelope not caring about this anymore

Hazy vision — cleared when met with the sight of his little daughter patting his chest and singing fervently the lullaby he once said he liked. Brows furrowed, and he slowly sat up.

   "He has a kid ?!?!" shouted the Eckart family but Penelope as she already knew and everyone else.

   Reynold saw Penelope calm about it and said "Why are you so calm about it", while pointing at her.

   Penelope glared at Reynold for yelling at her and pointing at her, as she replies "Just because they don't have a Empress doesn't mean they don't have a heir/heiress, and the fact they wanted a foreign princess as the empress they never said or insisted they need a heir/heiress at any time.". As she finished talking everyone remained quiet and thought about it, seeing what she said made sense. They focused back on the screen and Penelope wanted a break for this shitty life.

With time, Claude had learned to control his defensive reflexes around the child to not frighten her. Athanasia seemed to like that, now he was much more comfortable in her presence.

   "A beautiful name" said Penelope out loud without realizing in a gentle voice. Even if she already knew her name, she couldn't help it. Her family couldn't believe how her voice sounded, for they have never heard that tone of voice. Callisto wonders if his princess is fond of children after hearing that tone of voice. Winter, Emily and Eckles were stunned by what they witnessed. Penelope finally realizes she said that out loud, she coughs a bit. As her ears turn red and look at the screen.

"Good morning Papa!" she chided as soon as he got up, leaning over his lap in an excited way.

   Penelope and Emily couldn't help giggling at Athanasia cuteness. Making everyone else glance at them for a minute. Causing both girls to stop giggling and focus back on the screen to not show their embarrassment.

"Felix told Athy papa asked her to join him for lunch! Did papa get cake for Athy? Is it chocolate cake? — not that Athy minds if he didn't ask the cook to prepare it — Athy was just cu—"

   'That a lot of energy she has' thought all the males, while the girls were enjoying her cuteness.

I just woke up – he thought, sighing at the headache that was slowly coming to him. Frowning, he eyed the child before picking her up with one hand – earning a squeak from the girl – and placed her on the other side of the dinning table.

   Most of the males felt his exhaustion, while the girls wanted to complain that was how one holds a child.

"Are you here to see me or for the cake that Lilian has stopped serving you?" he stated monotonously, giving her a look that said don't try to fool me.

   Everyone was almost shivering because of how his voice sounded and it wasn't very pleasant. They start hoping Penelope would be alright in that marriage. Penelope didn't care and kept looking at the screen.

Athanasia replied with a mischievous little chuckle, shrugging as she replied "cake is better if I eat it with papa."

   'Cunning little child' thought Penelope and Reynold as they smirked a little at her response. Everyone thought she was being genuine.