Chapter 13

XI

[ οριγκάμι ]

Origami

Rose Garden

MORNING

    'Why there?' thought everyone but Derrick

"PAPA — !" from the arms of Felix, the little princess exclaims at the sight of her father waiting for her in the garden. He looks spaced out as usual, but that doesn't affect Athanasia's spirits — cheery as ever, she greets in her usual bright way, every so contradictory of her father's.

    'She certainly got her personality from her mother' thought Reynold and Emily

    'Such improper behavior for a princess' though Derrick [ Bitch ]

    'Cunning girl' thought the Duke and Penelope

"Good morning papa! Did you sleep well? Are you feeling better now?" She chides in as usual, feet not yet hanging past the stool that is placed on top of the chair for helping her meet the table, she continues to chatter and tell him about her new lessons.

    The Duke and Penelope sweatdrop on how much energy the princess has in the morning.

Chatter catches Claude's attention soon enough; dazed as often was, he turns to look at her, sliding a soft toy — a white coloured bunny — towards the girl.

    'Cute' thought Penelope and Emily as they smiled. The family looked at Penelope as she smiled since it's rare for her to smile so sincerely. Penelope stops smiling after feeling her family's stares.

Athanasia squeals in joy, earning another monotonous jab from her father about 'how she needs to get proper etiquette lessons', but that doesn't really matter to the girl who is ecstatic and hugging the bunny close to her chest.

    They were all blinded by her glowing figure

"Thank you papa! Athy loves it! It's so adorable — it needs a name!" she quips, and Claude gives her a curious glance, raising a single eyebrow at her.

    Penelope looked at the scene with softness and jealousy since she never had a good moment with her father in the past. Emily looks at her lady with concern and sighs inwardly.

"Oh? What do you plan on naming him?" he asks, to which the girl doesn't reply as quickly as she normally does. Instead she fiddles with her toy, and shrugs shyly

"Athy hasn't decided yet ... maybe Lily and miss Empress can suggest something good —"

    Penelope felt touched that the princess thought of her for help. Emily wanted to squeal about how cute the princess was. The Duke was happy that the princess thought of her for help.

Her answer ticks him off — wasn't he the one who gave her the gift? Shouldn't he ask his opinion before those two women? — but he doesn't mention it, and instead sips the tea placed in front of him.

    Emily chuckles at this childish behavior and finds it adorable too.

Felix barely makes tries to hide his chuckle — quipping in with his usual, unchanging cheerful demeanor

"That is a good idea, princess. I'm sure she will make good suggestions, the Empress is very helpful you know? She even helped his majesty sort his work yesterday, and came to personally deliver the reports."