Chapter 6

— IV

[ ο βασιλικός γάμος]

The royal wedding

   They all tensed up at seeing it was time for the marriage. Penelope bet in her head that it was going to look like a funeral.

BELLS RINGING — announce the arrival of the groom, Emperor Claude de Alger Obelia, standing side by side with the young princess Athanasia who holds onto his finger and walks with poise so unlike a child her age.

   Penelope couldn't help but find her very adorable, as her family felt the same way.

There awaits Reynold Eckart and the Emperor of Inca Empire, welcoming Obelian Royals in the cathedral.

   Anxiousness is what fills the room, tension that can cut with a knife yet none of them said a word. All wondering how it's going to end and what new beings will begin. While she wonders if she will gain freedom at last or be stuck in a new cage, even though this is just another version of herself and fate.

"It's an honor, Prince Reynold —" Athanasia bows in courtesy, returning Reynold's greeting with her own cheerful one. A gesture that makes the usual scowling second young master grin — easily swept by the princess' charm.

   Penelope smirked on how easily her brother was swept by this young girl. Even though in her heart she was as well never admitting to it though or showing it. while she hoped she would be a good stepmother to this young girl.

Athanasia, who had already prepared a gift for her new mother — looks around the place impatiently, asking him.

   Penelope was touched at the young girl's action, and hopes they can form a good relationship, even though that's just from another world.

"Where's the princess ? Is it long until she arrives here?"

Reynold replied with a laugh,

"Not much, bride's just take time making their entrance — especially dramatic ones."

   Penelope was offended by her brother's comment and proceeded to glare at her brother. While he just ignored her, not before looking at her stick his tongue out. 'Such a childish action,' Penelope thought. While their father was watching them in amusement and wished this could happen every day.

Claude on the other hand, is apathetic throughout the time. Simply replying to the greetings in his own curt way, not paying attention to the much heated discussion between the second young master and Athanasia who seemed to chatter like they were long-lost friends.

   Everyone mostly doesn't seem surprised that Reynold got along with the young girl almost as if they were expecting it to happen.

On the other side, Penelope in her mansion feels empty, sitting in her room and her bridal gown — staring out of the window, lost in her own world.

A faint knock brings her out of her trance, and she invites the person in. The blank look on her face is replaced by one of surprise when she witnesses Derrick standing in front of her, his eyes distant as they take down her dress.

"You...—could you please stand?" he requested, his voice oddly quiet. Penelope doesn't resist, and does that she's asked.

   They all wondered why he requested her to stand up. Penelope wondered if he was concerned for her but immediately shook the thought out of her head, cuz she knew it couldn't be true. all waiting to see what happens next the screen begins to play again.