• 𝐬 𝐞 𝐯 𝐞 𝐧 •

A while later, we turned onto a wide boulevard lined with trees and upscale shops

A while later, we turned onto a wide boulevard lined with trees and upscale shops. He finally eased up on the speed, swerving into an open parking spot.

My cautious curiosity overrode my desire to flee. "Where have you brought me, Rathore?"

He flashed me a sideways smirk. "Patience, Arora. Somewhere I'm sure even you will find... stimulating."

I pushed open the door, exiting before he could come around and perform his little gentleman charade.

I doubt he will after our intense fight.

Stepping onto the plushly landscaped sidewalk, I take in our surroundings. We're outside of an airy cafe nestled between a boutique and bookstore. Fine wear and furnishings were on display through expansive windows. Quite luxurious, yet discreet as cafes went.

His choice honestly surprised me. I guess, he did possess some vestige of sophistication beneath all that fake bravado.

Aarav gestured grandly. "Shall we?" I nodded, following him inside.

The cafe has large glass windows that filled the space with sunlight. Potted ferns and flowers provided pops of green amongst the walnut brown furnishings. A long marble counter displayed an array of freshly baked goods. A few baristas worked efficiently behind it, giving the space an inviting buzz.

Soft jazz music plays from discreet speakers, complementing the relaxed vibe. Patrons chatted softly at marble-topped tables, enjoying coffees and artistically plated pastries. Soft lighting emanated from woven pendulum lamps overhead. Armchairs and loveseats were upholstered in muted prints and leathers. Periodic sounds of laughter and relaxed conversation danced on the air. 

Creamy walls displayed rotating art from local artists. Their pleasing aesthetic likely brought a sense of calm to customers seeking an escape.

No wonder Aarav chose this oasis to impress and disarm.

Score one point for him I suppose. I admit begrudgingly. Taking a seat, I examine the menu with keen interest while he looks at me with a self-satisfied amusement.

"See something you like?" His smirk said he didn't just mean the food and drink.

Raising my brows, I replied. "The ambiance and selection are... stimulating, as promised." I put down the menu and look at him. "Now what did you actually bring me here to discuss, Rathore?"

He hmmed, tapping a finger. "Straight to business as usual, I see. You didn't strike me as the type for propriety and protocol."

My eyes narrowed. "Do not presume to think you know me. Now speak your piece or this charade ends."

Aarav's smile turned cunning. What machinations were brewing behind those hazel eyes? I tensed, prepared for whatever game he wished to play.

We withdrew our hands as a server arrived to take our order. After getting coffees and pastries, Aarav leaned back with a curious look.