• 𝐬 𝐢 𝐱 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 •

{A/N: a very long chapter ahead... Like 6000+ words approximate}

A a r a v

"Chote Babu we're here." Sashi kaka announced from the driver's seat.

Straightening my suit jacket and I took a deep breath as the he pulled up to the lavish Arora villa. Strings of lights floated above the manicured lawn, giving the scene a magical glow even as dusk fell.

I shift uncomfortably, tugging at the cloth of my trousers, feeling the constriction of my tightened brief around my crotch. The fabric seems to cling tighter than usual, reminding me of the careless mistake I'd made while doing laundry. I mentally cursed at myself for washing them in hot water and tossing them into the dryer.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I tried to adjust the waistband by pulling it down, hoping to find some relief from the discomfort. My fingers fumbled with the stitching as I struggled to loosen it. The fabric resisted, seeming to mock my efforts.

As the valet opened the door, I steeled myself with a small smile. But behind it swirled nerves and uncertainty-how's Meher going to react after that awkward encounter at the sunflower garden? Turns out I have a lot of explanation to give.

Only one way to find out. I strode toward the party, putting on his most charming facade. After an unexpected invitation from the CEO of Arora Industries I was surprised to find out that my family and friends are invited too.

Being his future son-in-law plus, the constant pressure from my father to attend this event. I had no other option left other than agreeing with this stupid facade.

But beneath the surface glimmer, strings of confusion and curiosity pulled at my heart, wondering what the fates of the night might reveal.

As I stood there, my gaze fell upon the imposing Arora Villa, an elegant structure that seemed to exude an air of indifference. It stood tall and proud, seemingly untouched by the mundane worries that plagued my mind. I frowned, almost as if promising myself, "Okay, just for half an hour... then I'm bolting out of here."

•••••••

The party was in full swing, with guests mingling and chatting throughout the lavishly decorated rooms. But all I felt was a growing sense of unease. I look around to see few of friends have arrived but my family members are yet to come.

Being aware of that fact I still look around almost as if I'm trying to look for a familiar face with a pair of doey dark brown eyes.

Scanning the crowd, I finally spotted Meher across the hall, deep in conversation with some family friends. As if sensing my gaze, she gaze snapped over and our eyes met. There was an unreadable expression on her face that did nothing to ease my nerves.

Steeling myself, I started making my way over to her. Obviously to apologise for putting us in a compromising position that night. But before I could reach Meher, I felt a heavy hand clap my shoulder from behind. "Aarav, my boy!" boomed Mr. Arora's voice. I turned to see him beaming at me. "So glad you could make it after all. Come, come, I want you to meet some people."

Much to my frustration, he proceeded to introduce me to what felt like a never-ending stream of guests. All the while, Meher had disappeared into the crowd again.

I think she been avoiding me?

You think?? My concise hissed.

After what seemed like forever, I finally managed to extract myself from Mr. Arora and his cult. I check my watch and see it's way past half an hour.