• 𝐟 𝐢 𝐟 𝐭 𝐞 𝐞 𝐧 •

𝐌 𝐞 𝐡 𝐞 𝐫

Golden sunlight creeps over the hills, bathing the vista in a warm glow. A new day was awakening at the Arora family villa.

Perched gracefully beside the Krishna River, the sprawling estate shines white against lush greenery as dew evaporates in the early morning hush. Flower gardens on the terrace glisten with remnants of the morning sunlight, colorful blooms unfurling delicate petals to the rising sun.

Below, the surface of the river shimmers like hammered silver, small waves lapping gently at the around the private jetty. On the eastern bank, silhouettes of palm trees sway against a dusky rose sky as darkness recedes from the hills.

Within the villa, colonnaded walkways stand empty and still. Wisps of songbirds' melodies drift through the cool air. In the courtyard, fallen frangipani petals drift across polished tiles toward the azure swimming pool.

As daylight streams across the complex in a soft, honeyed glow, shadows slip from carved balustrades and arched thresholds. The villa slowly stirs with hints of life - a curtain draws, lights flicker on.

As dawn's rosy fingers stretch across the villa walls, signs of activity began to stir the tranquil grounds. Gardeners appeared, softly pruning and harvesting blooms for the festivities. A place of natural beauty and familiar bonds awakening fresh with a promise of dark secrets underneath the watching sun.

 A place of natural beauty and familiar bonds awakening fresh with a promise of dark secrets underneath the watching sun

I rubbed my eyes as the morning light filters through my balcony doors. I take another sip of my coffee and walked out to take in the activity below. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingles with savory scents drifting from the kitchen. Familiar smells that herald celebrations within our walls.

Crews work efficiently to transform the estate. Ribbons and silk swags materialize, draping the colonnades in pastel hues. Garlands of jasmine are lifted and looped between marble columns.

The estate is already abuzz with preparations as I spot Maa in the gardens, attentively overseeing floral arrangements with her signature grace.

The sight brings me both stress and comfort. Even after me and Baba told her to stay in during her treatment... she insisted on going out. Baba was helpless around her firm demands.

In the courtyard, workers erected tents and hanged lanterns from the palms overhead. Long banquet tables receive fresh linens and arrangements of ornate orchids. A glistening dance floor takes shape.

As the sun climbed, preparations shifted indoors. Maids dust and polish, laying out pristine china and crystal. Chefs converse animatedly in the steamy kitchens, preparing flavours to delight guests.

Down in the courtyard, Rani laughs with decorators, a rare smile lighting her face. A part of me feels glad to see her relaxing amongst the enthusiastic crew.

Adarsh Masiff strides alongside Baba as they discuss the evening's itinerary. His vigorous gestures betray Baba's passion for perfection in every detail.